Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No sound and vibrations of incoming SMS

Tip us?

dwbmb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] No sound and vibrations of incoming SMS

Hi, I just realized that my phone douesnt play any sound and do not vibrate while it works fine with emails with the exactly same settings. Only working thing is notification LED.

I found topic where changing this registry hepled, but it doesnt work for me (set to 1 already) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=12

["HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings]
name="SMSAvailable" value="1" datatype="integer"

I tried everything, everywhere is notification sound set to ON. Update for HTC HD mini Enhance the stability of SMS (http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportDow...at=0&dl_id=989) doesnt help too. Im out of ideas what to try next, I need your assistance guys :/

draltus
Old
Thanks Meter 83
hello
If you change your manila language from default language to another language than your sms or mail's notification sound not work.
if this is the case you must change your manila language to default rom's language or fix the some system manilas files.

dwbmb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, changing it back to english did the trick though e-mail notifications worked fine. Czech language isn't necessary for me, so I'm not gonna change any mannila files just for sure

ericsonicsson
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbmb View Post
Thank you, changing it back to english did the trick though e-mail notifications worked fine. Czech language isn't necessary for me, so I'm not gonna change any mannila files just for sure
You could fix it with Czech also.
Just add this files that was missed smsfix_cz.zip
Unzip it to \Windows and sounds will be back in Czech too

dwbmb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, this is useful. I'll keep english anyway cause some menus had problems with czech characters encoding.
Tags
hd mini, no sound