[Q] Doc&Stefunel's Rom Kitchen: Available Languages per Base-ROM

Search This thread

PatrickCG

Apr 17, 2011
I searched and read almost every Post but no answer - maybe it is just too easy or i am blind? I hope not!

I cooked a new ROM in Doc and Stefunal's Kitchen yesterday (okay, i admit, i tried multiple times ;) and got language problems i never had when i used the kitchen before.

Does the language or locale have to be included/available/compatible with the Base-ROM you choose or does it just relate to the CSC you choose?

When i tried "*NEW* ZSJPK v11.1 WIPE" after a factory reset everything was Chinese (or Japanese) and the only readable alternatvies i could choose from were US and British English. Ever after i retried with a german (DBT) CSC no german locale was available.

Now i try do understand... Where do the languages / locales reside and what else needs to support or be compatible with a certain language to make it available in the whole system?

Thanks in advance - i hope this is not a stupid question answered a hundred times before...

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
Languages are usually part of the theme.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

PatrickCG

Apr 17, 2011
The Theme??? Even the Settings-Menus and Stuff? If i can not choose German and the Dialogues are in English that's the fault of the Theme!?

Ok, that was not one of the options i thought of...

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
The Theme??? Even the Settings-Menus and Stuff? If i can not choose German and the Dialogues are in English that's the fault of the Theme!?

Ok, that was not one of the options i thought of...

Languages are part of the framework and are usually specific to the region of the release. So if a release is intended for Holland it will include Dutch and English.
However the themes completely change the framework, including languages. Since themes are meant to be universal they include as many languages as possible, solving the problem of region specific builds.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App