[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
Got it installed and running fine. Anyone got it rooted yet?

Ya I have got it rooted use this method:

1.http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1010141 download ODIN version.
*Flash with NO PIT and NO Repartition

2. Let it boot up till it gets to the charging screen.
3. Disconnect, boot into Download Mode.
4. Reflash our Gingerbread Reoriented Kernel.
5. Let it boot up and voila! Busybox, Superuser, and a working Root on the phone is now in place.

Good luck!

MarlowXim

Oct 29, 2010
@Xcaliburinhand can you replace the touchkey driver with the one with the nexus s. https://github.com/kangsterizer/linux_gt-i9000/commit/b028c8b2ca48f376479f82512830520c24ad4920
It should patched cleanly.

Might make things little easier later on, such as incorporating BLN.

Another little missing was compiling of fsr modules in the makefile. Checked your wasn't forked from supercurio's common git for samsung gb. Patch below.
https://github.com/project-voodoo/linux_gt-i9000/commit/6c8f989f58999770d23236bb172c3a4e1c80586b

I'd test the nexus s touckey driver and patch it in to your current kernel release on git, but unfortunately my device is in warranty repair.

Also best of luck on the orientation sensor, I took a look at it the other day, and the code is significantly different from the froyo release. Hopefully you'll make sense of it.

I also have a question about when compiling with CONFIG_PREEMPT it's enabled on the default config in the samsung gb release. Does it bork up on boot anymore like on froyo?

Last edited:

jbcap43

Aug 30, 2010
Arkansas
This is why I haven't upgraded to a new device! The captivate is so far in development! this is amazing news!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
*I take no credit for any of this work*
And always flash at your own risk.

Alright, here's an odin rom I threw together really quick. This should hold some of us over until we get CWM. It includes some of the key features we've grown to love.
I used the deodexed stock rom from HERE and threw in some files from Goatrip's rom. I also included this kernel so there's one less step.

And THIS is the result.

Features:
-rooted
-deodexed
-CRT screen off animation (Settings>Display>Animations> All)
-5 lock screens
-battery mod
-overscroll glow (not a fan but it "came with")
-extended power menu
-some other stuff I may have missed.

Install:
1.Flash THIS ROM WITH bootloaders (not sure what happens without but worth the risk IMO)(either NEE or XEE is fine)
2. Flash the rom from me (includes reorient kernel)
3. After flash it will go to recovery with a bunch of error messages in the back, just hit the power button to reboot and you should be fine.

EDIT: It's up!

Has anyone tested this out yet? Seems quite large for a ROM at 285MB...

IamSonoma

Mar 9, 2009
ok, here we go... didnt flash bootloaders for a veeeeery long time.
Pray people that I wont brick my phone :D

Still waiting to try this kernel but I know the after playing around with the 2 betas I had to copy over the AT&T boot screen so I would not crench when I saw the jumbled boot screen the I9000 loads.

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
Ya I have got it rooted use this method:

1.http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1010141 download ODIN version.
*Flash with NO PIT and NO Repartition

2. Let it boot up till it gets to the charging screen.
3. Disconnect, boot into Download Mode.
4. Reflash our Gingerbread Reoriented Kernel.
5. Let it boot up and voila! Busybox, Superuser, and a working Root on the phone is now in place.

Good luck!

Have a different link? This one is 404.

blue265

Jan 31, 2011
Toronto
Have a different link? This one is 404.

The actual link is archived so you may need to go here first and then can click 'show full version' . I used this method to root as well. Just flash the FUGU kernel, let it restart then flash the re-oriented from Xcal again.

http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1010141.html

Code:
key 102 HOME WAKE_DROPPED

i add this and can use home button:D

Wow thanks for sharing. I have also added this and after rebooting my home key works as well!

Has anyone tested this out yet? Seems quite large for a ROM at 285MB...

I am using this now and seems to work great. Its nice to have the home lock screen chooser and extended menu as well.

Last edited:

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
*I take no credit for any of this work*
And always flash at your own risk.

Alright, here's an odin rom I threw together really quick. This should hold some of us over until we get CWM. It includes some of the key features we've grown to love.
I used the deodexed stock rom from HERE and threw in some files from Goatrip's rom. I also included this kernel so there's one less step.

And THIS is the result.

Features:
-rooted
-deodexed
-CRT screen off animation (Settings>Display>Animations> All)
-5 lock screens
-battery mod
-overscroll glow (not a fan but it "came with")
-extended power menu
-some other stuff I may have missed.

Install:
1.Flash THIS ROM WITH bootloaders (not sure what happens without but worth the risk IMO)(either NEE or XEE is fine)
2. Flash the rom from me (includes reorient kernel)
3. After flash it will go to recovery with a bunch of error messages in the back, just hit the power button to reboot and you should be fine.

EDIT: It's up!

Uploaded compressed version.(174MB) Link Fixed.

Reactions: oxlong27

gudduseon

Dec 29, 2010
Can anyone tell me where should I add this "key 102 HOME WAKE_DROPPED"

The actual link is archived so you may need to go here first and then can click 'show full version' . I used this method to root as well. Just flash the FUGU kernel, let it restart then flash the re-oriented from Xcal again.

http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1010141.html

Wow thanks for sharing. I have also added this and after rebooting my home key works as well!

I am using this now and seems to work great. Its nice to have the home lock screen chooser and extended menu as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts