I think I've reduced my reboots/screen-off crash

Search This thread

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
I'm sure I will still have reboots/issues like others because LG obviously knows of a bug in the phone BUT...in the meantime it appears I've reduced the reboots by uninstalling one bloody app.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidapps.widget.battery

I didn't use the widget but just the notification icon that shows battery %. I know this definitely has to have something to do with my earlier issues because prior to this I was getting freezes (screen is off and won't turn on without battery pull) and reboots quite frequently.

Since I uninstalled this junk, I've used the phone heavily and so far *KNOCK ON WOOD* it appears to be more stable.

Right now I'm sitting at 18h of uptime. Like I said, if I can get 4-5 days of uptime before a reboot I can live with it until a fix. But I can't have the thing reboot/freeze on me multiple times a day - that's not acceptable.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm sure I will still have reboots/issues like others because LG obviously knows of a bug in the phone BUT...in the meantime it appears I've reduced the reboots by uninstalling one bloody app.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidapps.widget.battery

I didn't use the widget but just the notification icon that shows battery %. I know this definitely has to have something to do with my earlier issues because prior to this I was getting freezes (screen is off and won't turn on without battery pull) and reboots quite frequently.

Since I uninstalled this junk, I've used the phone heavily and so far *KNOCK ON WOOD* it appears to be more stable.

Right now I'm sitting at 18h of uptime. Like I said, if I can get 4-5 days of uptime before a reboot I can live with it until a fix. But I can't have the thing reboot/freeze on me multiple times a day - that's not acceptable.

Maybe I missed it in your post but what app are you referring to?

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Just rebooted while sitting idle on desk with wifi on and wifi calling enabled. So after 25 hours which is not bad. Better than before. The hunt goes on.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
That app does not come stock on the phone so I think we are wondering why you are telling us to uninstall something that none of us previously started with... uninstalling an app that is not even on my phone will not fix any reboot problems i might have lol

not that i have had any reboot problems anyway...

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Yeah was an FYI if people had it or were thinking of using it. Just trying to share my results.
That app does not come stock on the phone so I think we are wondering why you are telling us to uninstall something that none of us previously started with... uninstalling an app that is not even on my phone will not fix any reboot problems i might have lol

not that i have had any reboot problems anyway...

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

bgolden84

Sep 24, 2009
franklin N.C:
back light bleeding

ur back light bleeding is not an issue its something for u to ***** about. if u don't like it take it back or turn down the brightness. its not that bad unless u text in the dark with ur nose to screen which in that case you are a douche bag. sorry to be so harsh but u could have looked at a demo model before buying and *****ing it gets old. do ur research it is still a better screen than the samold line other than the deep blacks that they are very much ahead of the game in regards to that on the samold.

Last edited: