[KERNEL] SpeedMod Gingerbread [K17-3 XWJW8 Value Pack CWM EXT4]

Search This thread

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
Is it too much asked to have the GPL discussion in a separate thread or via personal messages. This tends to go on for pages and pages and clutters the thread of the actualy subject.

This isn't the first time and won't be the last time GPL is brought up but could it please be done in a way that doesn't make reading threads a piss because of non-topic related discussion... however important/relevant it is.

Please!

I agree and am dropping it...GPL is being used as a way to shut people down, not build them up. Only way to handle it is ignore them.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

.Slane.

Nov 16, 2010
Theo de Raadt is difficult, but he helps opensource quite a bit, even if you don't understand it.

Sure I don't understand that is Opensource, and I don't know why, for example, I'm in this file : http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/tcpdump.git;a=blob;f=CREDITS;hb=HEAD

... and many of my patchs were made on FreeBSD, a more "open-minded" project (and proved in many EuroBSDcon). Please, stop to harass Hardcore for the source, he'll release it.

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is it too much asked to have the GPL discussion in a separate thread or via personal messages. This tends to go on for pages and pages and clutters the thread of the actualy subject.

Please!

Fully agree. Lets come back to the technical aspects again here.

If anyone needs it - feel free to open a separate thread. I do mit need it. And will ignore anything non-technical here for now :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: daClaus

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is even gpl conform if he gives the sources by email on request, so there is no absolute need to publish sources on the web.

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Hi guys,

This is a basic test version of the SpeedMod kernel for Gingerbread.

This kernel is for the International Galaxy S GT-I9000.

- FM Radio sound fixes based on Voodoo Sound

K15A-T11: Improvements to sound quality: 128x oversampling, disable DRC and de-emphasis

What ?
Improvement in sound quality with that, hem, hem..
Note that de-emphasis is already disabled, I wonder what you mean. Same for DRC, you mean in recordings? on FM radio where it prevents saturation?
Improvements? Looks more like regressions to me.

And where are the sources?
Modifications of my stuff published without sources, I'm really not cool with that, at all.

Maybe you missed it but so far every Galaxy S Kernel developer used this sources and publish their using git:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1040291
The thread is sicked on top of the forums.

Today that this common source is setup to allow proper collaboration between developer, I think
- not publishing sources and
- using a different incompatible source setup
Are moves against collaboration between developers.
And I strongly recommend you to use git as well.

You know you can catch me any-time for a 15min crash-course and you'll be ready to rock git & github for your kernel sources.

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
OK I have Spoken with Hardcore and he will be posting the source. I am reopening the thread so he can do so. I will be checking back in here to see that it is done, please refrain from posting until HC posts himself.

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Wow, it happens that I live in a different timezone, wake up to see about a hundred posts debating about GPL and the thread is locked.

That was a bit too much politic-ing for comfort, imo.

Let me just make my points:

1. It's been less than 24 hours since the first "demand" for source code was posted. I don't check XDA forums all day - I still go out, sleep and generally do other stuff. I think we should not over-react within such a short period of time, taking into account this website has a global audience living in different timezones and people here have a life outside of the forums.

2. The Gingerbread version of my kernel is still a test release, I've barely been using it for 2 days and there have been bugs. I normally only release the source to a new version when it's out of the testing phase.

3. The sources for the Froyo version are published, and whenever I have free time I will try to port over the code bit by bit. If other devs really want to know what I am doing the Froyo sources are available. I will be more than happy to explain certain changes I've made, time-willing and if asked politely.

I'd like to thank the people who understood the situation and tried to explain it. Let's move on and get back to the usual business of kernel hacking. :)

Last edited:

jaiiscool

Jan 30, 2008
Mumbai
jaiparekh.com
Wow, it happens that I live in a different

I'd like to thank the people who understood the situation and tried to explain it. Let's move on and get back to the usual business of kernel hacking. :)

Long live hardcore!

PS: don't go by my sig, haven't had the time to update it. I no longer use fugu (screwed my fone). Am on voodoo and as soon as k15 comes wid cwm I am taking the plunge.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

kikan

Jul 13, 2007
You are such a cool dev, HC.. you have my salute n respect.. caya lah bro.. hidup hardcore!

/nik

I agree with that too....

A lot of people can make a lot of problem no?...

I liked your work, unfortunately i'm not rich , if i would be i will donate few millions to ours xda developers in order to make a nice a fast rom, so Samsung will have to buy it from us.
Samsung is not able to do a good work and they don't ask no one what will be nice to have on smartphone, they just do it and is not working. Just look how many people are downloading roms from our forum...

Go HC we are with you....

By
Kikan

P.S. Same for me, i live in different time zone, and if i miss one day on forum, i have hard time to read all post and see how is the situation...

Would be nice to have some kind of program, that can send me a short report of what was going on ...

D@niel0s

Nov 17, 2010
Rzeszów
@hardcore, how about implementing ext4 lagfix into your kernel? When are you gonna do that? I'm waiting only for this one feature :]

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Let's just ignore the trolls who just want the source to make their bad crashing kernels slightly better. :D

zzz777

Oct 25, 2010
Around the corner
happy end
I (and a lot of people) love so much your job and support you

please please all : let that topic readable and please stop "i missed you" i love your job" ... if you want to thank HC just clic the "thank" bottom cause it is very hard to find real information about bugs and cheats on that topic

thanks by advance

EDIT : hardcore, please let me know if all improvements about GPS, wifi, battery ... included into K13x was included too into K15A ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

This is the SpeedMod kernel for Gingerbread.

SpeedMod's core features are:
    - Super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
    - Fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
    - Excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging

The K16 series works on older Samsung 2.3.x roms.
    The K17 series only works with the latest Samsung "Value Pack" 2.3.6 ROMs like XXJW4 / XWJW8.

>>> CLICK HERE for more info and DOWNLOAD links.

>>> CLICK HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions list.

This kernel is for the International Galaxy S GT-I9000

This kernel has only EXT4 LAGFIX support. Please UNDO OTHER LAGFIXES before flashing this kernel.

Current features:
    - Neutral / Cold (+Blue) / Warm (+Yellow) screen color options
    - Bootanimation support (ROM support required)
    - RFS / EXT4 filesystem conversion and unfragmentation support in CWM
    - CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness
    - CWM2.5-based recovery
    - MDNIE Sharpness fix for Pentile matrix and color tuning
    - FM Radio sound fixes based on Voodoo Sound
    - TinyRCU
    - Volume level fixes
    - IO and read_ahead tweaks
    - Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
    - Disabled kernel debug logs / printk
    - Updated to jhash3
    - 364MB RAM (K17 series)
    - Improvements to sound quality: 128x oversampling, disable DRC and de-emphasis
    - Microphone recording levels using Voodoo Sound "Balanced" preset
    - Compiled with optimizations using Linaro toolchain
    - init.d, CIFS, TUN, IPV6 Privacy support

Source code and related files are in the 2nd post.

NOTES about CWM:
    Use POWER to select and BACK for back.

>>> CLICK HERE for the CHANGELOG.

>>> CLICK HERE for the DOWNLOAD links.
    Source patches and related files are here.
    [Reserved for future use too]
    Wow, it happens that I live in a different timezone, wake up to see about a hundred posts debating about GPL and the thread is locked.

That was a bit too much politic-ing for comfort, imo.

Let me just make my points:

1. It's been less than 24 hours since the first "demand" for source code was posted. I don't check XDA forums all day - I still go out, sleep and generally do other stuff. I think we should not over-react within such a short period of time, taking into account this website has a global audience living in different timezones and people here have a life outside of the forums.

2. The Gingerbread version of my kernel is still a test release, I've barely been using it for 2 days and there have been bugs. I normally only release the source to a new version when it's out of the testing phase.

3. The sources for the Froyo version are published, and whenever I have free time I will try to port over the code bit by bit. If other devs really want to know what I am doing the Froyo sources are available. I will be more than happy to explain certain changes I've made, time-willing and if asked politely.

K16-10:
    - Scheduler patched and tweaks adjusted
    - Cleanup to kernel configs

This version is much smoother than previous ones. :)