[SOLVED][GUIDE] Samsung B7320 Omnia Pro - FAST GPS - Google Maps OPTIMIZED settings -
I have been using this phone over a year now, and I have re flashed it at least 10 times, every time to get a taste of a new rom for this phone(currently running 6.5.3), although this phone is cool, but gets sluggish, some time, though I managed to tweak it to work fast, which I will be discussing in later threads, in this thread I am going to answer a simple problem, where the users are unable to use GPS with Google maps to get exact pin-point directions. I found a flaw in the settings, and this generated either "GPS signal too weak" or did not get the right lock. After this setting, you will gain a lock on the satellites almost instantaneously, when you're under the open sky.
SO HERE IS THE TWEAK:
- START GOOGLE MAPS APPLICATION.
- GO TO MENU (RIGHT SOFT KEY)
- ENTER SETTINGS
- SELECT "GPS SETTINGS..."
- NOW HERE BY DEFAULT IT SAYS "MANAGED BY WINDOWS" CHANGE THIS TO "SET MANUALLY"
- SET COM PORT TO "COM3:" AND BAUD RATE TO "9600"
- SELECT OKAY, CLICK ON "USE GPS" (SO THAT THE TICK BECOMES GREEN.)
- RESTART GOOGLE MAPS, ENJOY.
Google knows everything even on the roads, even in cities like New Delhi, which are densely populated, there was ever this incidence that this device and this awesome technology failed me, it is great to have such tool in your pocket.
PM me for any other queries for this phone.