[ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) Froyo
This thread is for the custom Froyo rom for the Flytouch 2. It is a port of the first Flytouch 3/Superpad 2 Froyo rom, adapted to run on the flytouch 2. I will update this post whenever a new version has been released.
This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.
. If yours doesn't display a number there, you will need to flash firmware v2852 first, see below in FLASHING V2852
Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:
1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip. Pick an image from the RELEASES
section at the end of this post.
2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using Win32DiskImager:
- Get Win32DiskImager here: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer
- In Win32DiskImager: When you open it, there is a button to browse the .img file and after that, at the right of this button there is a selector for the SD-card. Select it, then click write and it's done.
- When finished, take out the card.
In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:
dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)
3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).
4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.
5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.
6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)
7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing!
First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.
If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting
Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!
- The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
- The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
- Flashing was succesful, but the system freezes at the android animation!
- For this firmware to work, you need to have a recent version of u-boot. You can tell if you have this by looking at the INFOTMIC bootscreen you see when you turn on the tablet. If the bottom right corner does not show a version number, then you don't have it.See instructions below.
You need to flash this firmware to install a new version of u-boot. To flash this firmware, you will need to connect your tablet to your PC using an USB A-A cable, OR create a bootable SD-card.
- Download firmware V2852: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3bkklw36b1414nd
- Download and unpack IUW: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3572bd7zfjo0r0y
- Start IUW
- If you use an USB cable: Click 'Link USB' on the left, select 'easy burn' from USB Mode pulldown in the right. Connect tablet to PC with the tablet turned offf, then turn it on by pressing & holding the menu+home buttons, then pressing the power button until it turns on. Release the menu+home buttons after a few seconds. Windows should now detect a new USB device. Install the drivers that are in the iuw1.1/otg_driver directory.
- If you create a bootable SD-card, Click 'boot disk' on the left instead. Select sd-card to flash on the right
- Select the IUS file form the v2852 firmware under 'Choose a wrapped image'
- Click 'burn' to flash the tablet or create the sd-card. If you created an sd-card, boot the tablet with the sd-card in the top-slot, between the 2 USB connections.
- How to enable 3G support for USB dongles?
- wifi, ethernet port
- battery status works, g-sensor works
- touchscreen works, including calibration
- HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
- Market works (full), Youtube works
- angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it )
- The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
- GPS confirmed
Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3