XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using SD-Backup/Restore

Tip us?

roko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Using SD-Backup/Restore

The standard XDA ROM includes a tool to backup your personal data to a SD-card; "SD Backup". I used this tool just before updating my ROM to 3.15.15. After this I used the tool again to restore my personal data back to the internal memory. Everything looks as before and works just fine. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that this ROM upgarde comes with MediaPlayer 8.5 but after the restore I ended-up with version 8.0 again!

This makes me wonder what the backup tool downgraded aswell. I cannot find anything else but who knows. :?

Anybody got an idea how to make sure that the restore does not downgrade any installed software or why the bloody thing downgraded my player in the first place? :x

Kavin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello...!
Please show me how to use SD Backup!
Thank you...!

khakhi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roko View Post
The standard XDA ROM includes a tool to backup your personal data to a SD-card; "SD Backup". I used this tool just before updating my ROM to 3.15.15. After this I used the tool again to restore my personal data back to the internal memory. Everything looks as before and works just fine. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that this ROM upgarde comes with MediaPlayer 8.5 but after the restore I ended-up with version 8.0 again!

This makes me wonder what the backup tool downgraded aswell. I cannot find anything else but who knows. :?

Anybody got an idea how to make sure that the restore does not downgrade any installed software or why the bloody thing downgraded my player in the first place? :x
Any instructions on how to do a complete back up SD or via USB? cant find on threads
Sony Ericsson p1i (stolen)
Sony Ericsson x1i (screen wont turn on)
Sony Ericsson x10i GB and rooted
Asus eee pad TF101 ICS no dock yet
Samsung Galaxy Note1

Hakim Rahman
Old
Thanks Meter 794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakhi View Post
Any instructions on how to do a complete back up SD or via USB? cant find on threads
should you check at >>> http://www.bukisa.com/how-to/back-up...om-memory-card
press "thanks button" if the post is useful for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hakim Rahman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]