STILL cannot enter xRecovery mode...

Search This thread

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
So i've tried different ways of doing it...
- rooted using "All in one solution by Mikevhl"
- download and installed xRecovery 0.3
- rebooted and spam BACK when SE letter comes up, nothing happened.

- Reset back to factory
- rooted the same way
- download BusyBox from Market, installed ans symlink the latest 1.19 BusyBox
- installed xRecovery 0.3
- rebooted, again, spamming BACK and nothing happen

I've tried having the USB cable plugged in, and unplugged. Both way give me the same thing... What else am i missing? UGH...

PaulitoX77

let me share what i did

after rooting... i downloaded the xrecovery rar file from here

then i downloaded Titanium backup from the market. Once installed i clicked "Problems?" on that app and it downloaded busybox

after busybox installed i then unpacked the xrecovery on my pc. it contains three files (chargemon busybox and xrecovery.zip)

i copied those three to my SD card.

On my phone i opened root explorer, opened sd card and selected those three files then clicked MOVE

set root explorer to mount R/W then go to system/bin and paste the three files there.

reboot and keep pressing the back key once the SE white logo apprears. VIOLA!

pratyush_gamer

Dec 28, 2010
Varanasi

- Reset back to factory
- rooted the same way

I've tried having the USB cable plugged in, and unplugged. Both way give me the same thing... What else am i missing? UGH...

Dude try to install busy-box from Titanium Backup..And then use the files which i uploaded below and use them instead of files u got from the xRecovery thread....Do the steps as same as written on thread,but use my file...You'll see it soon!!!!

Reactions: copper62472

gdeliana

Feb 21, 2011
Tirana
Hi you can use the flash tool for x10 mini, first root and it will automatically restart, then press ask for permissions, the the xrecovery button becomes avaible and finally press it :). Just dont press the optimize button coz it's intended to jit the big xperia with v2 jit, if you press it your device will be stuck in an infinite loop and never get out of that without removing the battery cable inside your phone :)

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
let me share what i did
set root explorer to mount R/W then go to system/bin and paste the three files there.

reboot and keep pressing the back key once the SE white logo apprears. VIOLA!

I will try it tonight, but also faced another problem, after i re-mount it with RW, if i reboot, everything goes back to RO. I try to locate the equivalent of /etc/fstab in the android but i couldn't find it.

Does your phone's file-system permission stick after reboot?

Are you guys all using the 0.1 beta or the latest 0.3 releases?

Last edited:

Satch09

Jun 19, 2009
Somerset West
Beware of the market busybox, I updated mine to .19 and it caused major problems.

I was using MiniCM, installed the market busybox and the phone looped. Also, when I was using Srom, I uninstalled some system apps (the usual stuff I don't use) and the phone rebooted and I lost my root... which meant that I couldn't get into recovery.

So maybe try pratyush_gamer's idea, should work, his knowledge has helped me!!

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
Still no go, tried titanium backup's busybox, tried to manually copy and paste those 3 files, tried to delete those 3 files and reinstall the xRecovery package...

I'm running 2.1.1.A.0.6 and Kernel 2.6.29 SEMCHost#1

Should i downgrade or something?

Satch09

Jun 19, 2009
Somerset West
Did you upgrade using the below method? I'd and it worked for me.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=947290

I didn't do the manual recovery thing, I downloaded Bin4ry's flash tool

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=826455

It does everything for you root, flashing, JIT, recovery and remove system apps. Suggest you check it out.

These are the methods I used, let me know if it works

Oh and don't worry about the optimize button, it works fine on the mini. If you download the X10 version it might loop after JIT but theres a mini version too.

Last edited:

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011

Satch09

Jun 19, 2009
Somerset West
What I did is replace my build.prop (the one sitting in /system) with the one pedrocel85 provided, rebooted, connected my phone to SEUS and did the upgrade the normal way through SEUS and then did the JIT, recovery etc. modding afterwards with flasher. So I haven't used the "flashing" capability of the tool and can't tell you much about the firmware side.

Check your basebrand: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015, maybe that could be the problem.

Do you have SEUS installed on your PC? If not, get it off of the SE website try replace the build.prop, reboot and follow the SEUS steps.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/sup...eserviceapplication/xperiax10mini?cc=gb&lc=en

You will end up with the exact firmware that I have.

Good luck

Last edited:

koalaii

Aug 22, 2004
Toulouse
Same issue here
I have the fresh newest firmware from SE. The 3 Xrecovery files are installed in the bin folder.

I did follow all the steps and can't get the recovery mode.

I've tried for hours different ways. It just does not work. I gave up. If there is a new release I will try.

koa

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
What I did is replace my build.prop (the one sitting in /system) with the one pedrocel85 provided, rebooted, connected my phone to SEUS and did the upgrade the normal way through SEUS and then did the JIT, recovery etc. modding afterwards with flasher. So I haven't used the "flashing" capability of the tool and can't tell you much about the firmware side.

Check your basebrand: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015, maybe that could be the problem.

Do you have SEUS installed on your PC? If not, get it off of the SE website try replace the build.prop, reboot and follow the SEUS steps.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/sup...eserviceapplication/xperiax10mini?cc=gb&lc=en

You will end up with the exact firmware that I have.

Good luck

It said "No new software is available for your phone"... I already have the latest firmware.

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
OK. I've re-format my SD card, reset to factory setting AGAIN. (however, is weird, the build.prop that i put in earlier is still there)

So i downloaded:
- xRecovery 1.0 beta (i read that the 2.0 and 3.0 doesn't work
- install busybox 1.15.2
- install RootExplorer and copied the xRecovery files to system/bin
- chmod 777 all the files

Reboot nothing happen...
- copy paste the xRecovery files into system/xbin (desperately trying to get this **** to work)

Reboot... nothing happen. i was spamming the back button the whole time. I've seen some youtube video, people spam it and the xRecovery menu come up within like half a second after the SE logo come out...

This thing won't go into the xRecovery at all. I'm completely out of idea... If anyone else have any other new tricks, please let me know.

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
Fixed. Went to redownload another FlasherTool, using the non-beta v2.8.0

- Hit Root, Reboot
- Hit Ask Root Perms
- Optimize (maybe this is optional, but i was trying it out and hit it)
- Hit xRecovery
- Advanced -> xRecovery -> Reboot into xRecovery.

Last edited:

koalaii

Aug 22, 2004
Toulouse
It works

It works, Xrecovery is now installed.

The steps I have followed :
- First, I installed the latest firmware from SE : Latest 2.1.1.A.0.6 SE firmware because I just got a new Xperia Mini I'm upgrading to MiniCM6.
- I have downloaded the 3 files given by pratyush_gamer in this post (post No4)
- Upload these 3 files in the SD card
- Using rootexplorerthe 3 files were copy/paste in the system/bin
- Restart the phone while pressing the "back" button.

Many thanks for your help

koa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Reset back to factory
    - rooted the same way

Dude try to install busy-box from Titanium Backup..And then use the files which i uploaded below and use them instead of files u got from the xRecovery thread....Do the steps as same as written on thread,but use my file...You'll see it soon!!!!