[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for Optimus 2X - NIGHLTIES [05/01/2011]
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Optimus 2X (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device
2. Install ROM Manager (search the market for it, no need to use the Premium version), and from there install ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
5. Install the ROM
6. Optionally install the Google Addon
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki
for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!
The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.
NO RELEASE YET. Nightlies started on May 1st.
Download: CM Mirrors
NOTE: Modaco's version of clockworkmod for the 2X is broken, and has a wrong device identifier; installing CM with it WILL FAIL. Please use an actual clockworkmod recovery, as installed by ROM Manager.
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!