Tiny Wings Bounce WVGA Windows Mobile game excellent casual gamer fun!

Search This thread

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
I agree with link68759 with the music, Andreas Illiger explicitly states that the Tiny Wings music "is not for use in other movies, games, tv shows, etc. and you should not earn any money with it or distribute it in any form."

LOL are you serious?? Have you read any of the posts in this thread? OP has already stated that Andreas knows about and doesn't care that he made this game + he has stated that the mods here(xda) have ok'd everything!! Where on here do you see him, in any form, profiting or earning money(i don't even see a donation link)? Seriously just drop it!!

Last edited:

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009

link68759 said:
attachment.php

"I'm ending MY involvement here." :)

Attachments

• 1297457171550.png
    1297457171550.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Looks like a great port of the IOS, one, if i had my tp2 any more i would no doubt download it ;)

Looks almost too close to the ios one, considering graphics,name and whatnot looks identical.

Nice job developer!!!

I play this game on my ipod touch and it is really addicting!! i cant past nest 28 tho :(

zarpy

Dec 14, 2009
please, please, someone, do a android port

I already asked android developers , and gave out source graphics in the andriod forum. No developer has answered the call yet , so hopefully we will see in the future.

Also this isnt a direct port of the iphone there are some variations in gameplay but still very addictive. I finally reached 100,000 PTs.

TKETZ196

Mar 31, 2008
Connecticut
Gosh, I can't believe the argument about this game. I can see both sides of the arguement but if the moderator thinks its ok to post, and the person who provided the music did not mind, then i believe there is no real fault. there are clones of games all the time (Tiny Wings iOS, Dillo Hills Android). I think of this game as an adaptation, rather than a staight port or a clone.

Update on my score: 196,380 points. I haven't been able to get near that high since i got this score a few days ago.

ScreenShot:

Reactions: mohsen.sh

zarpy

Dec 14, 2009
Gosh, I can't believe the argument about this game. I can see both sides of the arguement but if the moderator thinks its ok to post, and the person who provided the music did not mind, then i believe there is no real fault. there are clones of games all the time (Tiny Wings iOS, Dillo Hills Android). I think of this game as an adaptation, rather than a staight port or a clone.

Update on my score: 196,380 points. I haven't been able to get near that high since i got this score a few days ago.

ScreenShot:

Wow your highscore is incredible!! Excellent job!! Thank you for the support from everyone who backed me up here. Since no major developers release games and apps for us , we have to do it ourselves. Its a great that Xda-developers continues to prove support to windows mobile users.

jusksmit

May 1, 2011
there are clones of games all the time (Tiny Wings iOS, Dillo Hills Android).

The difference between a legal clone (like Dillo Hills) and this game is that Dillo Hills uses its own art, music, and code. There are no copyrighted assets in Dillo Hills: it was a spinoff built from scratch. (And just as a reminder: there is no such thing as "copyrighted gameplay". You cannot copyright gameplay mechanics, only tangible assets.)

This game, on the other hand, blatantly steals copyrighted assets: the character artwork, the terrain artwork, and the music. This is 100% illegal, even if you aren't making money from it.

It's actually sort of a shame, too, because you've made changes to the gameplay that actually look kind of clever. If you would just go find an artist to do some original graphics, instead of stealing them illegally from another game, you could probably actually make some money from this. Have you tried sites like FGL? GD.NET? Even DA.com?

m0nkeyman

Mar 3, 2008
London
Thanks for the game and keep up the hard work. I can't believe the amount of arguing about this. My way of thinking if company's don't make games for windows then sod them if someone makes a version. Be it legal or not how could they complain if they don't support a phone platform such as windows.

jusksmit

May 1, 2011
Thanks for the game and keep up the hard work. I can't believe the amount of arguing about this. My way of thinking if company's don't make games for windows then sod them if someone makes a version. Be it legal or not how could they complain if they don't support a phone platform such as windows.

I can think of a few good reasons they would complain:

1) It's illegal.
2) It's insulting and disrespectful.
3) They might have plans to release the game for that platform later, it's on their list.
4) They might have legal obligations with their subcontracted developers which prohibit redistribution of assets on other platforms.
5) They might be looking for sponsorship or partnership arrangements which are seriously affected by illegal distribution of the game or the game's assets.

The simple point here is that the artwork and music of Tiny Wings belong to nobody but Andreas Illiger, and for anyone to steal these and use them without his permission, no matter whether or not they're making money, and whether or not their intentions are noble, is illegal, disrespectful, and potentially harmful.

It really is not that hard to find someone to do a little bit of original artwork and music. I'll bet you could get custom art and music done for this game for less than $100, then you could turn around and sell the game for a profit legally. It astounds me that people stifle their own creativity by stealing when there are plenty of other people who would love to work with you to build something completely original and awesome.

Last edited:

zarpy

Dec 14, 2009
I would see your point as valid but I have seen flash games with all nintendo"s and sega"s most well known charactors. Also if you honestly think he would make a tiny wings for windows mobile 6.5 , then you havent been on this platform long enough. We never got major support , thats why sites like this exist. You think we will ever see those popular games on this platform , no we wont. We never have and never will see them.
I can understand if I was making money ,but Iam not. I wanted to play this game on windows mobile bad. I loved the ipod version and decided to make my own original game out of it. I could have made it for myself and never shared it with anyone. But thats not how Iam built , Iam friendly and share with others. Thats the whole purpose of xda-developers , to share your work.

Its a shame that people like you cannot see this and always come with something negative to say. You only have 2 posts and both of them are attacking me. That shows me you signed up with xda-developers to fight with me. So if you think your noble your not , your causing trouble and tiny wings isnt even your game. If you didnt like the idea , why did you download the game? You obviously have downloaded the game , becuase you explained the difference in my version of it. Yet you signed on just to fight with me , how odd. Doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Reactions: lnando84

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
I can think of a few good reasons they would complain:

1) It's illegal.
2) It's insulting and disrespectful.
3) They might have plans to release the game for that platform later, it's on their list.
4) They might have legal obligations with their subcontracted developers which prohibit redistribution of assets on other platforms.
5) They might be looking for sponsorship or partnership arrangements which are seriously affected by illegal distribution of the game or the game's assets.

The simple point here is that the artwork and music of Tiny Wings belong to nobody but Andreas Illiger, and for anyone to steal these and use them without his permission, no matter whether or not they're making money, and whether or not their intentions are noble, is illegal, disrespectful, and potentially harmful.

It really is not that hard to find someone to do a little bit of original artwork and music. I'll bet you could get custom art and music done for this game for less than $100, then you could turn around and sell the game for a profit legally. It astounds me that people stifle their own creativity by stealing when there are plenty of other people who would love to work with you to build something completely original and awesome.

LOL..wow did you sign up for an account 2day just to complain when it has nothing to do with you? Some of you guys are really incredible, if you'd actually read thru the thread you'd see that OP has already gotten permission from Andreas and also from the mods here at xda!! If he doesn't have a problem with it and it's his work & they don't & it's they're forums, then whats your problem? Get over it!! If you don't like it simply don't download or stay away from the thread!!

Reactions: zarpy

jusksmit

May 1, 2011
I would see your point as valid but I have seen flash games with all nintendo"s and sega"s most well known charactors.

I've seen them, too. They are also illegal. They don't make any money, so Nintendo and Sega don't bother to sue. You'll probably get away with your illegal activities, too.

Also if you honestly think he would make a tiny wings for windows mobile 6.5 , then you havent been on this platform long enough. We never got major support , thats why sites like this exist. You think we will ever see those popular games on this platform , no we wont. We never have and never will see them.

That sucks, but it doesn't change the fact that what you're doing is illegal.

I can understand if I was making money ,but Iam not. I wanted to play this game on windows mobile bad. I loved the ipod version and decided to make my own original game out of it. I could have made it for myself and never shared it with anyone. But thats not how Iam built , Iam friendly and share with others. Thats the whole purpose of xda-developers , to share your work.

That's very friendly of you, but it doesn't change the fact that copyright infringement is illegal, whether you're making money or not.

Its a shame that people like you cannot see this and always come with something negative to say. You only have 2 posts and both of them are attacking me. That shows me you signed up with xda-developers to fight with me. So if you think your noble your not , your causing trouble and tiny wings isnt even your game.

I signed up for an account because someone likened this game (an illegal copyright infringement) to my game, which is a 100% legal spinoff, built from scratch using original art, sound, and code. I wanted to make sure nobody got the impression that I condoned or participated in illegal activities.

If you didnt like the idea , why did you download the game? You obviously have downloaded the game , becuase you explained the difference in my version of it.

I didn't. I don't own a windows mobile device.

LOL..wow did you sign up for an account 2day just to complain when it has nothing to do with you?

Someone accused Dillo Hills of copyright infringement. That has everything to do with me.

Some of you guys are really incredible, if you'd actually read thru the thread you'd see that OP has already gotten permission from Andreas and also from the mods here at xda!!

The mods here have ZERO legal recourse in this situation. None. At all.

I did read the entire thread, and the OP stated several times that Andreas "knows about" this copyright infringement. I haven't seen anything indicating that he actually gave permission, or any proof from Andreas that he's even acknowledged it. In fact, the last time I checked his website (about three minutes ago), it still says that he has no plans to port the game to any other platforms, and that the music "is not for use in other movies, games, tv shows, etc. and you should not [...] distribute it in any form."

But anyway, I'm really not interested in bringing this game down. It's of no legal recourse to me. The only reason I stopped by is because someone made false allegations against Dillo Hills, and I wanted to clear things up.

I really would like to encourage you to go find an artist to work with, and instead of using stolen graphics and music, just make some of your own. You could turn this from an illegal clone into a legal spinoff, and maybe even make some money with it. (Or even if not, you could at least provide your players with something that is legal and original.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tiny Wings Bounce you play as the bird who cant fly because he is too fat. However press anywhere on the lower and middle of screen and he can bounce.Collect yellow coins to add time on the timer , collect blue coins to add double yellow coins time to the timer. Windows mobile WVGA 800x480 resolution. For smooth performance turn off othe running apps.

Features:

Highscore save to challenge yourself over and over.
    Background color changes to reflect time is running out.
    Catchy music and sound-effects.

How to play

Tap anywhere on the screen to bounce
    If you collect a yellow coin , tap again to do double and triple jumps.

Extra: If anyone can make a good video put it on youtube and here , I will send you a computer version you can play on your PC.

Original Tiny Wings game made by Andreas illger for iphone.
    http://www.andreasilliger.com/

I hope you got permission for that audio.

Well I got the audio from a video not his website. I love when people somehow become police around here. Iam not selling the game but providing freeware. I love it !!! I make a freeware game and someone always comes with copywrite stuff all the time.
    Look Iam making games so that when people get bored they can play for FREE. Its not like Iam making a million dollars ripping someone off!!! Iam making zero,$0,nada,nothing from this game. I swear people start this non-sense because they have no life.
    Hi, I will get the ball rolling. After playing this addicting game for a while, my highest score thus far is 63,010 points.

Edit: My new high score is 84,170 points.
    I do not think this is piracy, I merely pointed out that forums such as these are easily susceptible to unknowingly hosting several kinds of illicit data. If whatshisface is ok with it so be it, but I still think you should give him credit for the idea out of common decency.

I have not been attacking you at all, so stop being overly defensive.

In a way you have been attacking him and continue too by calling his game illicit data.. are you an xda Mod? No i didn't think so, so stop trying to police this thread!! If you have a problem with it use the report button thats what it's there for!! Can you honestly sit there and say you wouldn't get defensive if you spent countless hours making fun games to share for FREE, then instead of getting thanked, all you get in return is "I hope you got permission for that audio."? Give OP a break, I'm sure if it was such a problem xda wouldn't allow him to continually share his works here!!

@ Op.. Thanks again for sharing all your fun games with us!!
    Could someone port this to Android? I'm excited.