Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with S-Off

Tip us?

777ace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default [Q] Help with S-Off

OK, I know I am lining up for a flaming here, but I need some help. I have done as much searching and reading as I can handle and am even more confused.

I have dl'd and burnt alpharev.iso to disc and booted from it. I connect phone when I read "Waiting for your device" and then proceed.

Step 1 of pushing necessary files completes, then I get "waiting for bootloader...OK!". Once phone has booted (twice...??), I get the following-

hub2-0:0-1 unable to enumerate device on port(x)

Then "preparing for H-Boot flash...Done!" and back to bootloader. Then step 3, and reboot (twice) followed by same error report as above.

Finally, I see lines of

/home/htc/alpharev.sh:line331:[:-enq:unary operator expected

Then phone reboots into ROM.

Looking at HBoot, I still see S-On and clearly the phone is not bricked...thankfully. I think I am getting an error thru my USB port, but changing to different ports just gives me a different number at (x) in the error report, with the same end result...

Any help would be great. Cheers.

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 5809

DONATE TO ME
Sometimes, when you try S-Off.... you will always see S-on in the menu. Sometimes it doesn't mean anything. Alpha Rev, if I remember from the old days, only changes the Bootloader.

But, if you saw the Heath Ledger Joker when you boot after Alpha Rev, you are S-Off.

With other programs, you need to try and replace the spash1 for example, through adb, to know if you have S-Off.

Ohhhhh somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

Want to avoid a vacation to the Frostlands? Then Follow the XDA Rules Here

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

777ace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Thanks for the reply... I got no Joker at the end, which is why I was pretty sure the process hadn't worked...

Will try again today. Maybe with a different method...

Daemonic79
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had exactly the same issue (I had SuperNova rom installed with Data2SD) i had then installed the new Oxygen 2.1 (no Apps2SD/Data2SD this time though) and gave it a try again on the off chance.

This time it worked a treat

(might be a conincidence, but it worked for me )

status_six
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonic79 View Post
I had exactly the same issue (I had SuperNova rom installed with Data2SD) i had then installed the new Oxygen 2.1 (no Apps2SD/Data2SD this time though) and gave it a try again on the off chance.

I had a different issue when trying to s-off - the utility wouldn't recognise my device on rooted stock rom after I created a goldcard - I too flashed oxygen and it worked first time!!
Maybe a thought. You can switch back to whatever other rom after you s-off.
Pyramid s-off | AOKP JB4.2 | hboot 1.27.1100 | 3.32fw | 4EXTtouch
Desire s-off | DevNull-1.1 | Oxygen r2 hboot | 5.17.05.23 | Thalamus 2.6.35.14_t3 | CWM 2.5.0.7

find me on > soundcloud | twitter

jimmytheflea
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

No coincidence. You will always have trouble on a Sense based ROM using AlphaRev. I think it has something to do with the relationship between the stock HBOOT and the boot.img on the \boot partition of the phone (but I am not sure about that)

One thing I can tell you for sure is that if you flash to any AOSP ROM (CyanogenMod, Oxygen etc) then do the AlphaRev S-OFF process and you will have success.

Happy S-OFFING!

Droidzone
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2180

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

It's not a coincidence.. It's mentioned on the supernova and starburst site on the list of faqs under ' how to s off while running data2sd'

It's also mentioned on the alpharev site

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytheflea View Post
No coincidence. You will always have trouble on a Sense based ROM using AlphaRev. I think it has something to do with the relationship between the stock HBOOT and the boot.img on the \boot partition of the phone (but I am not sure about that)

One thing I can tell you for sure is that if you flash to any AOSP ROM (CyanogenMod, Oxygen etc) then do the AlphaRev S-OFF process and you will have success.

Happy S-OFFING!
It's not a sense issue as such, but of those roms which use a2sd+/data2sd

Swyped with my Starburst based Desire. Please ignore any typos or grammos.

Swyped with my Starburst based Desire. Please ignore any typos or grammos.

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4258
droidzone is right. Just flash stock rooted rom and then try to s-off. I bet it'll work. Had same problem as you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

herb1
Old
Thanks Meter 10
gonna try a stock ROM or Cyanogen before trying S-off again...thanks guys

777ace
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Awesome, thanks for contributions folks!

My PC is in for repair atm, but will try flash one of the AOSP ROMs soon and have another go.

Cheers