Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Clearing "Mail data" problem

Tip us?

htc_touch_mn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Clearing "Mail data" problem

Occasionally my stock Mail for Android app Ver 2.00 balloons to 50mg of data for some unknown reason.

To clear it I do a data wipe under the Applications menu for the Mail app. However today, that option is "greyed out" to clear data. So I tried deleting all the email accounts which worked. However the application menu still shows 40.00 meg of data.

How do I clear this to regain some internal memory?

Evo Fresh Evo 4.0.0.4

jibninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I am also needing this. My buddies is up to 247MB and there does not seem to be an answer out there.

Goobzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem here too, up to 119 MB of data with apparently no way to delete it.

slimno19
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try wiping the data from titanium backup.....should be under the backup/restore tab.

HTC EVO 4G
Want 10GB of FREE online storage? http://min.us/ru3hdVY
Want 2GB of FREE online storage?http://db.tt/03xNGbg

theforcedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same problem. I can't get rid of 54mb of data through the clear data button. The button is simply grayed out. This seems to be a recent thing as I was able to clear it a while ago. Anyway, my inbox, trash, outbox and sent folders are all empty. I've force closed the mail app still nothing. Help.

plainjane
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by theforcedroid View Post
I'm having the same problem. I can't get rid of 54mb of data through the clear data button. The button is simply grayed out. This seems to be a recent thing as I was able to clear it a while ago. Anyway, my inbox, trash, outbox and sent folders are all empty. I've force closed the mail app still nothing. Help.
As mentioned earlier, try wiping it through Titanium Backup. Or you can try to manually delete the data with Root Explorer.

Try wiping dalvik cache as well. I'm not sure if the dalvik cache is calculated in "manage applications", but it won't hurt anything.

Sent from my Evo + MIUI using Tapatalk!
HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)
HW 003
Hboot 2.02 S-Off
Amon Ra recovery
More stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out and type.
MIUI 2.3.2_b1 ES (by Swiperat)
Extended Settings Mod
Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC

My wallpaper collection
GTalk: ohhhgeez@gmail.com

If you think I can help you with something or need me to elaborate on a post then feel free to pm me. I'll try my best to help you out.

Oh, and I have a vagina. Fear me :P
Tags
clear, data, evo, fresh, mail