Nice try LG, but, it's not quite ready for prime time!

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
my understanding is the sensation is locked down that's why cyan isn't going to get it. Which also means no dev support.

The SGS2 and Sensation are going to be the two "it" phones for the rest of 2011. They're the flagships for Samsung and HTC and are going to be wildly popular worldwide. With the number of people buying them, there's no way they won't get dev support. Devs develop for what people are buying. Also, part of the challenge for the devs is cracking whatever latest and greatest security is thrown at them. It's part of the thrill. No dev is going to stay married to a single device - the playing field is too fluid. Even the pitiful Atrix got dev support. Every phone has it's 15 minutes of fame.

Once the Sensation and SGS2 are on T-Mobile, the G2X will become a bit player especially since the price is the same (at least for the Sensation). LG had an opportunity to crack the high-end market but both the O2X and G2X are really pitiful showings quality wise. I never signed up to be part of their QC process - especially at $499 retail. I for one will never buy another LG phone and will stick with HTC and Samsung in the future.

almostinsane

Mar 9, 2007
I just sent mine back as well. Couldn't stand the reboots/power off/screen bleed and battery time.

After using my Nexus S again I can't tell the difference with the dual core int he G2x. The Nexus S feels just as fast.

johnnyp500

May 3, 2011
You know

You know the sensation and the G2X is the same thing more or less, except for the qhd display and maybe some other small disfferences.

All the described issues are software issues which will easily be fixed with a patch. If you recall the iPhone4 kept restarting as well and although it was a hardware issue noone rushed to return it who knows maybe its the same problem with the wifi and cell shortage on the G2X, put a plastic cover around it see if it helps. There were also battery problems at the launch of iphone 4 and were fixed with an update patch.

I Dont know, the G2X will be my first android. For me, the sound of stock sounds better than Sense but the qhd sounds better than the WVGA but the 4" screen sounds better (to me) than the 4.3" but the sensation has dual flash but the G2X is not locked but the Sense has LED notification but but but but but but but..

There always is a but :) IMO They both will be good phones! but I too am debating returning the G2x and waiting for the sensation as I said on a different post I can wait for software updates but screen bleeding is hardware and thats a problem.

MrCes

Jul 16, 2008
I for one love my g2x.My phone never rebooted, i have no WiFi issues and the only thing i do have is some minor screen bleed issues on the top and its only noticeable in when my screen is max and in the dark while looking at a black image.I love HTC but i like the vanilla android look better.so i'm sticking with the lg g2x till the quad core phones come out next year.