[ROM] 06-05-11 Ganbaro ROM V0.3b for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Search This thread

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Japanese.png
Ok, here comes the version 0.3 of my Ganbarou (頑張ろう [gambaroo] = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM.

This ROM is made for tablets like pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, Smartsurfer 360 MN10U, that have an internal 3G modem and GPS. Of course it works on similar tablets like the Advent Vega, XVision, ...

My main goal is to get a ROM that gives full support to 3G and GPS and be as stable and fast as possible.

Download link:
Ganbarou ROM V0.3
Screenshots, changelog and tips:
Ganbarou (頑張ろう = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM V0.3
Changelog V0.3b
  • Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)
Changelog V0.3a
  • Fixed small bug with TPUtility. It crashed due to some wrong libraries.
Changelog V0.3
  • New kernel - CorvusKernel 0.2 (Many thanks to the_corvus for compiling a stock version of his very fast kernel)
  • Bluetooth problem solved
  • Changed file manager from Astro to standard Android file manager (taken from CM7 ROM).
  • Removed NI keyboard (can be downloaded and installed from here)
  • Name spelling corrected :p

Overclocking [source]:
Method 1:
  • Get SetCPU from the market (or here from XDA) and select autodetect on the first start (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button "device"). Then you can move the slide to 1500000 (or whatever speed you want). You can define profiles as well. Seems to work on my ROM.
Method 2:
  • Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don't change any other parameter, use at your own risk.

USB host mode [source]:
Press power button, once display get power (you will see the difference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

Have fun and give me feedback.

And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.
THIS ROM RUNS BY DEFAULT ON 1.5GHZ OVERCLOCKING. GET SETCPU OR CPU METER FROM THE MARKET TO REGULATE THE SPEED. PERMANENT OVERCLOCKING MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR TABLET. YOU GOT THIS WARNING HERE AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR TABLET ENDS UP BURNING.
Some screenshots:

Last edited:
Reactions: akt3

corvus

Jul 16, 2007
Overclocking [source]:
Method 1:
  • Put the setcpu.txt file attached in the root of your sdcard and then start setcpu (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button "device") then select the bottom button (custom freqs) then you can move the slide to 1400000.
Method 2:
  • Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don't change any other parameter, use at your own risk.

Overclocking freqs with CorvusKernel 0.2 are autodetected, so no need of setcpu.txt... it Corvus5 works, and may work in any other rom, lets setcpu autodetect freqs.

Corvus.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Overclocking freqs with CorvusKernel 0.2 are autodetected, so no need of setcpu.txt... it Corvus5 works, and may work in any other rom, lets setcpu autodetect freqs.

Corvus.

Didn't know this :D Much better then. Will test and change my post.
Thanks for your great support!

[EDIT]
Yes, it works, SetCPU set to autodetect and it shows 216MHz to 1.5GHz.
Your kernel is really a super thingy!
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

veryjo

May 20, 2010
Ulm
Thank you for this great Rom.
It is very fast and stable, without tweak.

But I have a problem: I would like to use my Huawei E1750 Dongle. Unfortunately it is not supported.

I have worked with him a AT-command. (AT^U2DIAG=0)

I can not create a new APN. The APN can not be stored.
3G and GPS I can enable.

I hope you can help.
In the German forum (http://www.android-hilfe.de/pov-mobii-tegra-tablet-10-2-advent-vega-forum/),
many would appreciate a Huawei Ünterstützung.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Thank you for this great Rom.
It is very fast and stable, without tweak.

But I have a problem: I would like to use my Huawei E1750 Dongle. Unfortunately it is not supported.

I have worked with him a AT-command. (AT^U2DIAG=0)

I can not create a new APN. The APN can not be stored.
3G and GPS I can enable.

I hope you can help.
In the German forum (http://www.android-hilfe.de/pov-mobii-tegra-tablet-10-2-advent-vega-forum/),
many would appreciate a Huawei Ünterstützung.

Hallo nach Deutschland!

Unfortunately there is not much I can do, either a specific dongle is supported by the included drivers or not.
But it seems there are people who got the E1750 working on the tablet.
Check T-Mobile Dongle for Advent vega.

Make sure you have the tablet in USB host mode by rebooting and pressing the back button from the moment the tablet starts booting until you see the lock-screen or launcher again. To check if you are in host mode you can use the gridhostmodeindicator.apk from ptbw.

Are the lights on the dongle going on and into a stable condition?

You can change and save an APN only if the connection to a provider is set. What provider are you using? Most German providers should be in the APN list already. You can check apns-conf.xml file in /system/etc to see if your provider is in with the correct settings.

daveyacarter

Feb 10, 2010
Have to say, i have flashed just about every rom on the net for the Vega and this is the best yet. Flash is flawless and iplayer works just as it should. Have my Vega oc to 1.4ghz and all is good.

What plans do you have for future improvements?

:) Thanks, Dave.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Have to say, i have flashed just about every rom on the net for the Vega and this is the best yet. Flash is flawless and iplayer works just as it should. Have my Vega oc to 1.4ghz and all is good.

What plans do you have for future improvements?

:) Thanks, Dave.

Improvements will be more for users with internal 3G/GPS modem. Plan to have the 3G active automatically after boot and GPS selectable in the settings (which is greyed out today).

I am not really a cook, I just mod ROMs to my personal needs and sometimes other people like them as well.

There are a few bugs (like 216MHz hang, battery load hang) that I cannot fix, as I have no idea how to compile a kernel or a ROM.

veryjo

May 20, 2010
Ulm
@BeeGee_Tokyo

あなたの答えてくれてありがとう

I think I have tried everything.
The problem is definitely the E1750.

I've ordered a Huawei E172. Come back tomorrow.
Hope to achieve an improvement.

soopahfly

Oct 28, 2005
Sheffield
I'm just about to upgrade to v1.0, but one problem I had with this one was that the power button didn't turn the screen off.
I constantly had to suspend it.

Also, gallery won't allow you to set a wallpaper. This causes a forced close.

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
I'm just about to upgrade to v1.0, but one problem I had with this one was that the power button didn't turn the screen off.
I constantly had to suspend it.

Also, gallery won't allow you to set a wallpaper. This causes a forced close.

Gallery - Wallpaper problem is solved.

Suspend by power button is not in. Need to do some investigations to get this as well. Sorry.

ANDREI2J

Aug 12, 2007
is this only for rooted devices ?
i have a pov genii trackball as well .
any chance to upgrade to 2.2 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Japanese.png
    Ok, here comes the version 0.3 of my Ganbarou (頑張ろう [gambaroo] = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM.

This ROM is made for tablets like pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, Smartsurfer 360 MN10U, that have an internal 3G modem and GPS. Of course it works on similar tablets like the Advent Vega, XVision, ...

My main goal is to get a ROM that gives full support to 3G and GPS and be as stable and fast as possible.

Download link:
    Ganbarou ROM V0.3
    Screenshots, changelog and tips:
    Ganbarou (頑張ろう = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM V0.3
    Changelog V0.3b
    • Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)
    Changelog V0.3a
    • Fixed small bug with TPUtility. It crashed due to some wrong libraries.
    Changelog V0.3
    • New kernel - CorvusKernel 0.2 (Many thanks to the_corvus for compiling a stock version of his very fast kernel)
    • Bluetooth problem solved
    • Changed file manager from Astro to standard Android file manager (taken from CM7 ROM).
    • Removed NI keyboard (can be downloaded and installed from here)
    • Name spelling corrected :p

Overclocking [source]:
    Method 1:
    • Get SetCPU from the market (or here from XDA) and select autodetect on the first start (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button "device"). Then you can move the slide to 1500000 (or whatever speed you want). You can define profiles as well. Seems to work on my ROM.
    Method 2:

USB host mode [source]:
    Press power button, once display get power (you will see the difference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

Have fun and give me feedback.

And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.
    THIS ROM RUNS BY DEFAULT ON 1.5GHZ OVERCLOCKING. GET SETCPU OR CPU METER FROM THE MARKET TO REGULATE THE SPEED. PERMANENT OVERCLOCKING MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR TABLET. YOU GOT THIS WARNING HERE AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR TABLET ENDS UP BURNING.
    Some screenshots: