Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Fancy" looking notification bars

Tip us?

PaganAng3l
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Just because you're still running the stock rom doesn't preclude you from having clockwork mod recovery, when you rooted an app called "Superuser" should have been installed on your device. Also you may have an app called "Rom Manager" installed as well, if you don't have that one it's free in the market (and I highly suggest getting it, it is very necessary). Check to see if you have the rom manager app and let me know, if you don't, then download it from market and post back. I'll help you get clockwork mod recovery up and running, then we'll get you a basic understanding of all its functions. After that you can back up your device and get you a custom rom installed.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Run, before they find you

golmar88
Old
Thanks Meter 144
@Jerry D - It looks like you have the Galaxy S 4G. If that is the phone you have, Clockwork is not quite ready for our phones. We do not have any custom rom's available at this time. So there is no way to change your notification bar.
G1(by HTC)>CM6.1(by cyanogen)
+
Galaxy S 4g(by Samsung)>I give up trying to keep up. It changes everyday now!
+
Nexus S(by Samsung)>CM7(by cyanogen)
+
Infuse(by Samsung)>AEON(by bigfau
+
One X+(by HTC)>Elegancia(by Steve0007)

"I must be in to you, I haven't flashed a ROM in over a month." - Me (to my girl)

Jerry D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
@golmar88. Thanks for your reply. I have been reading or forum multiple times a day for a couple of weeks now and definitely up to date on our progress.

I'm that noob who is going to study and wait for something I can handle....

I saw rom manager on the market and thought wow this will be cool. I'll root and I'll have a "rom of the day". Lol.

I didn't know the work involved or the risk. After reading what is going on here I'm "hooked". I love learning new things and can't wait until I know a fraction of what some people on here know. I can't wait to flash my first rom.

Thanks again for all your help!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
"Without Order there is Chaos and ANYTHING Chaotic Destroys Itself"

golmar88
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I know right?! As you can see, I'm a junkie (and I don't know anything either). I'm on here pretty much all day everyday, and we don't even really have any development to speak of.

Hopefully we'll get some stuff before too long.
G1(by HTC)>CM6.1(by cyanogen)
+
Galaxy S 4g(by Samsung)>I give up trying to keep up. It changes everyday now!
+
Nexus S(by Samsung)>CM7(by cyanogen)
+
Infuse(by Samsung)>AEON(by bigfau
+
One X+(by HTC)>Elegancia(by Steve0007)

"I must be in to you, I haven't flashed a ROM in over a month." - Me (to my girl)