App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

"Fancy" looking notification bars

8th May 2011, 04:20 AM   |  #11  
Flag Tarpon Springs, Fl
Thanks Meter: 130

799 posts
More
Just because you're still running the stock rom doesn't preclude you from having clockwork mod recovery, when you rooted an app called "Superuser" should have been installed on your device. Also you may have an app called "Rom Manager" installed as well, if you don't have that one it's free in the market (and I highly suggest getting it, it is very necessary). Check to see if you have the rom manager app and let me know, if you don't, then download it from market and post back. I'll help you get clockwork mod recovery up and running, then we'll get you a basic understanding of all its functions. After that you can back up your device and get you a custom rom installed.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
8th May 2011, 06:18 AM   |  #12  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 144

268 posts
More
@Jerry D - It looks like you have the Galaxy S 4G. If that is the phone you have, Clockwork is not quite ready for our phones. We do not have any custom rom's available at this time. So there is no way to change your notification bar.
8th May 2011, 05:40 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109

741 posts
More
@golmar88. Thanks for your reply. I have been reading or forum multiple times a day for a couple of weeks now and definitely up to date on our progress.

I'm that noob who is going to study and wait for something I can handle....

I saw rom manager on the market and thought wow this will be cool. I'll root and I'll have a "rom of the day". Lol.

I didn't know the work involved or the risk. After reading what is going on here I'm "hooked". I love learning new things and can't wait until I know a fraction of what some people on here know. I can't wait to flash my first rom.

Thanks again for all your help!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
8th May 2011, 06:06 PM   |  #14  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 144

268 posts
More
I know right?! As you can see, I'm a junkie (and I don't know anything either). I'm on here pretty much all day everyday, and we don't even really have any development to speak of.

Hopefully we'll get some stuff before too long.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread