Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help Ugrading from wm5 to wm6.5

Tip us?

xonic211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need Help Ugrading from wm5 to wm6.5

Hello! Everyone,

I am desperately need some help. It's almost six months since I read about flashing custom roms and until now I can't find the courage to do it. For I don't muster enough knowledge (I think) in doing it.

I have an HTC Universal running in wm5. I want to flash it into wm 6.5. Is there some body who can forward me the suitable ROM and help me in the process of upgrading it? I really want to flash it to WM 6.5 so I can install cool looking GUI of e book reader in my device and some more eye candy stuffs.

Thanks in advance!

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Have a look on my signature link, youīll find all you need to upgrade.
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

xonic211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hello, Orb!

Hello! Orb,

It would really help me if you can point out what are the preliminary things I need to do than saying click your signature.

That is really what you did last time I ask about how to upgrade my Unit. Until now It gave me no confidence because I don't know where will I begin. I hope you can re consider helping me out. Thanks!

orb3000
Old
Thanks Meter 3029

DONATE TO ME
Default read, Search, Respect and Enjoy!

I can tell you that the only way youīll get to flash is to read a lot, we all started same as you, first of all loose the fear, if you follow the instructions all will be fine.
Said that you need to read my signature link, try looking in there for:

Instruction Guide For The Htc Universal Rom Upgrading

It was not so hard, isn'tīit?

Good luck,
orb

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
The Following User Says Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xonic211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
At least tell me the benefits of flashing ROM? Why will I flash my Device from windows mobile 5 to windows mobile 6?

Thank you so much!

orb3000
Old
Thanks Meter 3029

DONATE TO ME
More than benefits itīs an addiction for some of us

And of course you also have benefits, better, newer versions and so on

Nothing else I canīt say if you donīt flash

Good luck!
orb

xonic211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello! Orb,

I hope everything is fine at your end.

Regarding the upgrading/flashing of my device. What are the things that one could get if he/she flashed her device? In other words why would someone wants to upgrade his/her device?

What I mean by this question is, is there any reason why would a dopod 900 user like me would want to upgrade from windows mobile 5 to windows mobile 6.1? What are the things that I can do if I will upgrade?

Yes I think there would be some nice applications that can only be installed in Windows Mobile 6.1 or Windows Mobile 6.5 however, if I just install a program that would do a make over of my GUI, SPB mobile shell for instance, everything will be like the same even if it has different Versions of Windows Mobile for I am using the same alternative shell for my device as a GUI.

Any insights? or word of wisdom that could enlightened me? Thank you so much!