Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] few questions for a noob.

Tip us?

nidave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] few questions for a noob.

Hey, Just ditched my ihpone 4 for a Mozart WP7 phone and am very happy so far... Got almost all the apps I need (or used regularly on my iphone) but I have a few questions.

1. is there a way to move the zune software (or library) to a network drive. This is backed up regularly and I would want to keep everything on there.
I could do it with itunes by holding shift while launching. (I hated itunes, it keeps crashing on me, so far zune has been very stable)

2. Can anyone please stop my eyes from bleeding when I do a search. I do not want to use Yahoo. they don't seem to understand that less is more. It looks horrible. (I think this may be an O2 thing). I want bing or google to be the default.

I am very happy with my WP7 Phone and everyone I have shown it to has been impressed as well.

havox22
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidave View Post
Hey, Just ditched my ihpone 4 for a Mozart WP7 phone and am very happy so far... Got almost all the apps I need (or used regularly on my iphone) but I have a few questions.

1. is there a way to move the zune software (or library) to a network drive. This is backed up regularly and I would want to keep everything on there.
I could do it with itunes by holding shift while launching. (I hated itunes, it keeps crashing on me, so far zune has been very stable)

2. Can anyone please stop my eyes from bleeding when I do a search. I do not want to use Yahoo. they don't seem to understand that less is more. It looks horrible. (I think this may be an O2 thing). I want bing or google to be the default.

I am very happy with my WP7 Phone and everyone I have shown it to has been impressed as well.
No sure if i am reading that right, but for #1 open zune>settings>collections>add folder and then look for the folders in the drive that u keep your music/pictures/videos in and add them you will need to do that for each file type

not sure what about #2 my phone uses bing
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJKelley View Post
Let me know when Zune or Xbox quality media/gaming experiences come to WM6.5 or Android.

nidave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have done that part thanks, its moving the folder with the configuration, apos backups etc.

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App