[ROM][04/28/11] TMOUS G2 Gingerbread 2.13.531.5 Untouched (from TEST leak)

Search This thread

charlieton

Apr 3, 2009
I can confirm that battery life has been no short of amazing. Today was a heavy texting day (no games or anything), which would normally drain the battery in around 7 to 8 hours using latest Cyanogenmod. I did nothing to save battery today.

With this ROM, I'm down to 21% battery life and am at almost 13 hours. And this is all without even installing JuiceDefender Ultimate (my record with it combined with CM7 was 12 hours, 20 minutes, which I thought that was impressive!).

Insane battery life!
chihitech battery
gps on
bluetooth on
wifi a little
kindle a lot
drag racing a little
email a lot
texting a lot
probably 1 hour talk time
google listen 2 hours
background alarm clock
misc finance/news apps

10% juice left

8geqk.jpg

Last edited:

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
However snappy this ROM may be, I'm not "thoroughly" impressed with it. It's nice, don't get me wrong, and definitely a leap over the previous... but I still find that Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 is by far faster in many aspects. I've gotten Quadrant scores over 2100-2200 with UD3.3.0. Best I got with anything else was in the 1900-2000 range.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Who cares about quadrant besides showing off? Its not indicative whatsoever of real world use. This has been gone over ad nauseam.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Dimitri_010

May 8, 2010
Not sure if this has been addressed yet...

But, I'm having an annoying issue with my camera/gallery.

Photos which I delete reappear in my gallery, new photos which I take don't appear in the gallery after a few hours, and I cannot access the gallery from the camera app using the upper right icon when in camera mode.

rsxtypes72

Mar 14, 2009
I noticed it uses more memory. I have the same issue with the gallery. Restart takes of that though. My phone won't vibrate at all on any setting.

Update. Problem solved. Brain fart. Forgot to check mess app settings. Since I'm running cm mess app. Yes I know idiot.
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Last edited:

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
There is vibration with any setting or app working for me

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I guess you are talking about CM based ROMs? If so, CM uses "old" kernel, not the one that comes with latest GB leaks.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

yea cm and a few other people but im guessing they are building off of that.
So on the official 2.3 kernel there is no trackpad wake?

What seems to be the problem with getting it working? Or have people just said forget it and revert to the older kernel?

AllWin

Jul 27, 2009
Dublin
So on the official 2.3 kernel there is no trackpad wake
As far as i know, none of official kernels have had this feature enabled by default.

What seems to be the problem with getting it working? Or have people just said forget it and revert to the older kernel?
We have to wait for HTC to release kernel sources. And most likely that will take 'some' time.

Last edited:

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
is it possible to just remap the keyboard enter to the trackpad press?
I know that when you press a key on the keyboard it will wake.

rmcsc

Jul 11, 2010
is it possible to just remap the keyboard enter to the trackpad press?
I know that when you press a key on the keyboard it will wake.

Try ButtonRemapper. When you open it, tap on #28, Enter. Under Action, select "Dpad center". Let me know if it works!

rsxtypes72

Mar 14, 2009
I've been asking the same question and I was told its not as simple as reassigning buttons. That's off topic though. This rom has the best battery life of anything out there. Excellent work!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a flashable ROM from generated from 911 Sniper's Vision_Gingerbread_S_TMOUS_2.13.531.5_Radio_12.52.60.25_26.08.04.30_M3_test_184611, which is NOT a Sense ROM. This is an update (albeit a TEST version) to the stock ROM included with the G2, which is compatible with the DesireZ. It includes all applications and original vendor configuration. In other words, it is untouched with the exception of the following:

• Rooted with my customized version of Superuser (required until ChainsDD releases a version with my patches).
    • Busybox installed in /system/xbin.
    • De-odexed (was released that way).
    Anyone building ROMs is welcome to use this as a base. Thanks to 911 Sniper for providing the base ROM.

Disclaimer: This is a one-time release. Unless a problem can be identified with the changes mentioned above (rooting, deodexing, etc), it will not be updated or supported. In other words, use this as-is or find a ROM which uses this release as its' base if you would like support and/or expect to see changes.

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button if my work ends up being useful to you.

(MD5:b19aab7b2e363025bda6305f763b0056)​
    After using this rom for a solid 2 days with heavy use I am far far beyond impressed, I'm basically knocked out. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that this is a stock rom with no overclock and IMHO runs better than any other rom for this phone, and I have run them all. I use as close to the same config as possible on each rom so that they can be somewhat comparable. For what its worth which isn't much, I HIGHLY recommend this rom. It hits all the major points. OUTSTANDING battery life. Snappier than all hell on earth. Boots fast. Does not lag after hours of use.

I cannot even wait for the final on this. If its anything like this, this might be the only cell phone with a stock rom that I would recommend to my non-tech savvy friends.

Btw: Using the test radio that came with this also.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App
    I think it's because:

-Perfect hardware support thanks to HTC libraries
    -Lightness of rom thanks to aosp (no Sense)
    -Native speed of rom thanks to Gingerbread

It's the perfect combination.

Just my thoughts...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA App
    what makes the trackpad wake work on the other gingerbread roms?

I guess you are talking about CM based ROMs? If so, CM uses "old" kernel, not the one that comes with latest GB leaks.