Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] miROM8 miROM1 BETA SENSE CFC compressed + UPX see this VIDEO

Tip us?

(InsertNameHere)
Old
(Last edited by (InsertNameHere); 11th May 2011 at 07:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasifjk View Post
Wow!!! Miro and now Insertyourname you guys are simply brilliant. After forepont and Oly left, I thought TG01 is going to be a dead end now but hats off to Miro, Fxdj and Insertyourname you are keeping it alive and going.
Can't thanks enough.
Your welcome, all i did was find the information, other devices have had roms using this stuff for ages. On our device it really makes the TG01 Windows Mobile and Sense experience shine, albeit with a slight memory trade off, UPX can eat up a bit more ram.

Its amazing how these tricks never became standard, but it is advanced rom tweaking.

I thank Miro for taking on the task of bringing this advanced tweaking to the TG01, that extra bit of speed makes all the difference.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to (InsertNameHere) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gghiq
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Have you guys noticed any difference in the battery life compared to the "regular" ROM?

(InsertNameHere)
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghiq View Post
Have you guys noticed any difference in the battery life compared to the "regular" ROM?
Its a bit to early to say, if you sat there launching and closing apps all day, i have no doubt it would shorten your battery life somewhat as UPX uses the CPU to decompress the exe and dll files, but once the device is in standby i should imagine it would be the same as a older rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to (InsertNameHere) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fady
Old
Thanks Meter 18
after using mirom1 for a few hours i have to say its amazing fast and no bugs encountered yet...good work miro indeed.
Devices :
1-HTC Prophet
retired..
2-Toshiba TG01
retired.
3-HTC HD2:
Nexus HD2-Cm10.1
WP7.8 Dual boot
4-HTC Sensation
CM 10.1
5-Nexus 4
6-Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to Fady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drasifjk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default MiROM 7

Hi Miro,
Simply brilliant work man. Is it possible for you to cook it into your MiROM 7. The battery life with wm6.1 is much better than with a 6.5 or 6.5.x ROM.
Thanks very much in anticipation.
The Following User Says Thank You to drasifjk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mirolg
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2503

DONATE TO ME
thank you guys for the test and feedbacks of my miROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasifjk View Post
Hi Miro,
Simply brilliant work man. Is it possible for you to cook it into your MiROM 7. The battery life with wm6.1 is much better than with a 6.5 or 6.5.x ROM.
Thanks very much in anticipation.
thank you! ... i know 6.1 has a battery life- but os 6.1 (miROM7) is not so popular. i will update miROM7 also i the next also
The Following User Says Thank You to mirolg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nikola92
Old
Thanks Meter 194
great job miro, I can only say wow. The battery life for me is even better then on some other roms and I say that by comparing while I listen music since I do it a lot and I can say I had 30%+ less battery in 1h and 30 min, now it is 20% with same time

mirolg
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola92 View Post
great job miro, I can only say wow. The battery life for me is even better then on some other roms and I say that by comparing while I listen music since I do it a lot and I can say I had 30%+ less battery in 1h and 30 min, now it is 20% with same time
thank you very much for test and your feedback. meane you miROM8 or miROM1?
(sorry my tnx limit for today is full )

ps. a little bug on m1= if get a call- the phone button on/off is wrong. will fix it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirolg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hinner
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi Miro, i am testing mirom1 and its really amazing, but i have a problem with the connection to windows mobile device center. After some minutes connection breaks down or the mobile cant get any connection at all.

gghiq
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello Miro,

thank you for your excellent work! If you do a German version of miROM 8 cfc - could you cook in the normal OS 6.5. lock screen?