5,603,981 Members 45,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which (wired) headsets are compatible?

Tip us?

fallenguru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Question [Q] Which (wired) headsets are compatible?

So I gather there's at least two different "standards" out there for headsets with 3.5 mm plugs, which all use 4 pins (3 rings + the tip of the plug), but with different pin outs - let's call them 'iPhone style' and 'Nokia style'.

Which one does the Legend use? Is there a list somewhere of headsets that are known to be working 100%?

TIA

LeifAlbor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
From what I'm aware of I don't know of any third party wired headsets that allow the same full functionality of the HTC supplied ones.

I'm pretty sure all iPhone compatible headsets will work for audio / mic / call answer button, however I don't think volume control works (on headsets equipped with it).

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

sda2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
As I looked for a headset with a 90° plug, I found the Nokia HS-125 wired HS.
I ordered and found out - not working. I opened the little plasticcase and swapped
those two wires (Pin 3&4).

Now its working perfectly and its possible to play/pause and select the next track (double press). And call functions also work.
My name is Robin and I have ORD
SDA II -> Qtek 9090 -> HTC S710 -> HTC TyTn II -> HTC Legend -> HTC HD2 -> HTC One S

HTC One S // AOKP Android 4.2.2
HBOOT: 2.15 // RADIO: 1.11es
Super-CIDed // S-OFFed
The Following User Says Thank You to sda2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr.Romca
Old
Thanks Meter 209
What I did is that I bought the "cheap headset" and 3,5mm jack earphones from sonyericsson (I was able to buy those earphones without the SE adaptor...)

Now I have a great sound plus the ability to play/pause and it only cost me around 17 EUR (with shipping) try and search some local e-shops I'm sure you'll find something!
HTC One, ViperOne, Nokia X3-02.5 for work
Before: HTC One X, HTC Desire S (my wife's now...), HTC Legend, Asus P750, SE W800i, SE K700i, SE T610i, Panasonic GD67, Ericsson T10...

bonesy
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
My Iphone headphones are fully functional as are my old hero ones
Old devices: Touch HD > Magic X2 > Hero > Acer BeTouch E400 > Legend > Sensation > Desire > Nexus 7 > HTC One
I won't thank anyone who has "Press Thanks" in their sig.It's a choice to thank

fallenguru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks guys, looks like iPhone-compatible ones are worth a try.

bonesy
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenguru View Post
Thanks guys, looks like iPhone-compatible ones are worth a try.
Got mine from Gatwick airport and the clarity is awesome.Made for the iphone 4 but is pretty damn great on the legend
Old devices: Touch HD > Magic X2 > Hero > Acer BeTouch E400 > Legend > Sensation > Desire > Nexus 7 > HTC One
I won't thank anyone who has "Press Thanks" in their sig.It's a choice to thank

Sunebune
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The Marshall Minor headset is also compatible (but no volume adjustment) - and both sound and build quality are tremendous. I'm a bit puzzled about the mic button functions though. Using my Legend's stock music player, all I can do is play/pause the music, pressing the Marshall's mic button once. If I press it twice, the phone starts calling the last-dialled number. If I press and hold the button, nothing happens. Using Poweramp, one press means play/pause, press and hold means skip forward. Double press does nothing but play-then-pause, i.e.no auto-dial function. Using Mortplayer beta, one press means play/pause, two means skip forward, three means skip backwards. No press-and-hold and no auto-dial. I'd like to have the Mortplayer functionality as well as the auto-dial function. Anyone knows a music app that does this, or another workaround?

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App