Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Which (wired) headsets are compatible?

OP fallenguru

20th April 2011, 11:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

211 posts
So I gather there's at least two different "standards" out there for headsets with 3.5 mm plugs, which all use 4 pins (3 rings + the tip of the plug), but with different pin outs - let's call them 'iPhone style' and 'Nokia style'.

Which one does the Legend use? Is there a list somewhere of headsets that are known to be working 100%?

TIA
28th April 2011, 07:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
More
From what I'm aware of I don't know of any third party wired headsets that allow the same full functionality of the HTC supplied ones.

I'm pretty sure all iPhone compatible headsets will work for audio / mic / call answer button, however I don't think volume control works (on headsets equipped with it).

Sent from my Legend using XDA App
5th May 2011, 02:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag Löhne
Thanks Meter: 4

75 posts
More
As I looked for a headset with a 90° plug, I found the Nokia HS-125 wired HS.
I ordered and found out - not working. I opened the little plasticcase and swapped
those two wires (Pin 3&4).

Now its working perfectly and its possible to play/pause and select the next track (double press). And call functions also work.
The Following User Says Thank You to sda2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2011, 07:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 209

768 posts
More
What I did is that I bought the "cheap headset" and 3,5mm jack earphones from sonyericsson (I was able to buy those earphones without the SE adaptor...)

Now I have a great sound plus the ability to play/pause and it only cost me around 17 EUR (with shipping) try and search some local e-shops I'm sure you'll find something!
6th May 2011, 11:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag Cornwall, united kingdom
Thanks Meter: 301

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
My Iphone headphones are fully functional as are my old hero ones
6th May 2011, 11:27 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

211 posts
Thanks guys, looks like iPhone-compatible ones are worth a try.
6th May 2011, 05:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cornwall, united kingdom
Thanks Meter: 301

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenguru

Thanks guys, looks like iPhone-compatible ones are worth a try.

Got mine from Gatwick airport and the clarity is awesome.Made for the iphone 4 but is pretty damn great on the legend
12th May 2011, 11:30 AM   |  #8  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
The Marshall Minor headset is also compatible (but no volume adjustment) - and both sound and build quality are tremendous. I'm a bit puzzled about the mic button functions though. Using my Legend's stock music player, all I can do is play/pause the music, pressing the Marshall's mic button once. If I press it twice, the phone starts calling the last-dialled number. If I press and hold the button, nothing happens. Using Poweramp, one press means play/pause, press and hold means skip forward. Double press does nothing but play-then-pause, i.e.no auto-dial function. Using Mortplayer beta, one press means play/pause, two means skip forward, three means skip backwards. No press-and-hold and no auto-dial. I'd like to have the Mortplayer functionality as well as the auto-dial function. Anyone knows a music app that does this, or another workaround?

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread