[Game] Beta test - Paper War for 2 Players (updated on 22/6/2011)

Search This thread

kirby_blue

Dec 25, 2010
We are interested to know:
1. Are the graphics attractive so you will download it for trial?

Yes

2. Do you like the game play?

Yes (it'd be even better with more modes and more control schemes)

3. After trying it for 1st time, will you keep it?

I haven't tried the new version yet but currently, no. As I said above, the game currently isn't addictive enough for me to play more than once or twice. IMHO, a game with a good replay value has: achievements for 1player (levels to beat, scores to achieve and stuff to unlock) and/or loads of fun with multiplayer

4. What device you use?

Nexus s

Brush-N

Sep 4, 2010
Very nice game! I liked it, it is addictive but starts getting boring after some time you do the same things I will advise you to add more goals and options to keep it intersting I would also like to have 1 player mod. Also it will be nice if there was an option to deside on how much points you need in order to win instead the default 100 points.
Will definitely keep it.
Tried the new version and it's much better keep the good work going! would love to see it on the market.
I'm using Desire HD, runs smoothly.

Last edited:
Reactions: cubewalker

Joey93

Dec 22, 2010
Penrith
This looks cool I want to play it!
Downloading now ;)
Got a DHD, should all work and stuffs

Thanks for all your hard work

cubewalker

Nov 12, 2010
Hong Kong
market.android.com
We also hope the game can keep players engaged. Download once and delete it will not make any benefits to us. We made more game modes to make it more addictive. But it seems creating more variations in game will be a better choice.

cubewalker

Nov 12, 2010
Hong Kong
market.android.com
I will allow player to change the target score for each mini game in next release. Adding items/more goals are also interesting and possible in next release.

However, the original idea of this game is a set of simple multiplayer mini game and you can play with your friend in minutes. So it may be difficult to add single player mode. Let me know if your think it's necessary.

Any comments about this game are welcome.

Last edited:

beepsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Variety

Fun game, but definitely needs more variety to keep folks engaged. This game is is a brain teaser...that's what keeps me going.

xrbpowered

May 4, 2011
xrbpowered.com
Found it on the market. It's cool, I like the graphics :)
In cannon battle it seems that you need to drag the cannon to shoot, however sometimes I'd like to just repeat the shot with a different power but the same angle. Well, I am using a cheap phone (Orange San Francisco), so maybe it's just my touchscreen.

Having an option to add a simple bot player would be very good...

xrbpowered

May 4, 2011
xrbpowered.com
A bot? If we add a bot to play with players, this may introduce AI difficulty problem. Therefore we didn't add a "1-play" mode before.

I understand. I just think that the game can be good enough to waste some time on your own, not just with a friend :)

By the way, bot difficulty can be done in a simple way:
Say, we have a "perfect" solution for a shot (vector_perfect) and a random vector (vector_rand). If d is difficulty, where 0f is noob and 1f is godlike, then result = linear_interpolation(vector_rand, vector_perfect, d).

anfrany

Dec 19, 2008
Awesome game, have played repeatedly with friends. Have Epic 4G running Froyo, runs smoothly and without bugs. The cannon battle needs variable terrains or moving obstacles, something to vary the gameplay a little.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a simple 2 player game with andengine called Paper War for 2 player and it is in Beta. The download number has exceeded 80,000 in a month. Hope you'll like the game too!

======= Updated 2011-06-22 =========
    1. in-app purchase for alliance modes with 2 new mini games!
    2. after sharing game with Facebook or Twitter, ad can be removed!

======= Updated 2011-05-20 =========
    Paper War for 2 players has arrived to the home page of Android Market, Trending Apps!

======= Updated 2011-05-16 =========
    Paper War for 2 players has been published to the market!

======= Updated 2011-05-12 =========
    Thanks for your all comment! Paper War was updated with a big change. You must get a try!

New Features:
    1. 2 players play in one device
    2. Three very interesting mini games in one app: Anti-aircraft, Plane smasher, Cannon battle
    - Anti-aircraft: drag cannon and shoot opponent's color plane to earn score. Different planes give 1-3 scores.
    - Plane Smasher: lots of plane come from different direction. Press opponent's color plane to earn score.
    - Cannon battle: Control cannon to shoot opponent's cannon. Tune the cannon direction and strength and look at the wind force!
    3. Nice paper style graphics
    4. More setting available: sound/display/inverse control now can be changed in setting

Screen shot:
    devicepc.png

device2if.png

devic3.png

device4p.png

Demo Video:

Market URL:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sillycube.android.paperwar2player&feature=search_result

QR code download:
    img.php

We are interested to know:
    1. Are the graphics attractive so you will download it for trial?
    2. Do you like the game play?
    3. After trying it for 1st time, will you keep it?
    4. What device you use?
    Awesome,bro :)
    Had no problems while playing and it has very nice graphics :)
    Well done :)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App
    the direct download link worked for me but not the barcode. the gameplay is good but you should have the option to change the aiming(moving my finger left points the cannon right and moving my finger right moves the cannon left) i would personally like it where moving my finger one direction moves the cannon in the same direction. i know some people like how it is now so if you could just have an option to change it in the settings that would be awesome. other than that its a great game! oh and im using the htc thunderbolt.
    Looks cool, ill try it out tomorrow with a friend. Is there a possibility of single player version in the future?
    UI

I like it! The only comment I have is to have the cannon/gun shooting on the same side as your finger. Right now, if your finger is to the right of the cannon, the cannon moves left....wish it were the same side.