7392 ruined my battery life

OP BlitterTwisted

12th May 2011, 06:43 PM   |  #21  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

79 posts
More
no problem
updated a few days ago. no problem with the battery life (T-Mobile US HD7).
Radio rom = 5.51.09.11a_22.31.50.09U

I checked all the settings that can generate data activity and the 7392 had kept all my previous settings (like not checking for updates, ...).

I usually go 9am - 6pm, have a few hours of calls with my bluetooth headset and so far I have not ended up not having enough battery to finish a day.

It may depend on where you're located, poorly covered area means the phone has to beef up the power to the antenna to reach the cell towers.
12th May 2011, 10:20 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 13

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio

So does anybody who's rolled/rolling back fancy posting their Radio versions to compare?

I'm back on 7390 and heres my values:

Firmware: 2250.09.16901.401
Hardware: 0002
Radio: 5.54.09.21_22.33b.50.10U
Radio hardware: A.102.0.D4

I am on the unbranded EU ROM too.

In the next few days I might try reapplying my updates and then checking all settings to see if things I turned off have been turned back on again.
13th May 2011, 12:41 AM   |  #23  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toff74

I'm in the same boat...

After the update, not only is my battery draining faster, but my reception actually seems worse (subjective).

I hope we can find out why and get a fix for this sharpish as it's driving me nuts having to carry my charger around with me (quite a heavy user)...

The battery drain looks the same to me but the phone seems to have a hard time holding on to 3G signal and keeps switching back to EDGE.
Normally i get 3 bars of 3G signal at my work place but today the phone was on EDGE and even GPRS most of the day.

It's been 8 hrs since unplugging the phone in the morning and it's still at 80% charge. Although i just made 2 short calls, checked a few emails and about 10 minutes of web browsing.
13th May 2011, 02:17 AM   |  #24  

5 posts
Camera problems on 7392
I updated today to 7392 and rolled back almost immediately. I wasn't on it long enough to notice battery issues, but I notice a few other problems. First, I have the shazam app on my home screen and after updating it was gone from the home screen and app list. When it went to reinstall it in the market it only gave me the option to share the app which is what it does when an app is installed already. So I couldn't uninstall or reinstall it. Secondly, I was fooling around with the camera app and not to long after taking and deleting a few pictures I noticed a huge slow down and the screen became almost unresponsive. With a few graduation parties for some of my college buddies coming up and want my camera app to be working the way it should be.
13th May 2011, 07:02 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 6

125 posts
just my observation

it seems that those having battery issues after the may update are all euro roms.

i havent experienced battery issues after updating to 7392. im not even sure what the update is all about.

have you guys tried flashing a different rom region? ( i dont know if that is possible but how i see it if all of our hd7s be it its a euro,us asia version if they all have the same architecture most likely it would work)it could be with the add ons to the euro roms that make the battery life shorter (im not a techie guy but i do know how to flash roms lol!).

for my T-Mo_US hd7, im not experiencing any battery issues after updating to 7392 for three days now.
Last edited by moonshines; 13th May 2011 at 07:09 AM.
13th May 2011, 09:33 AM   |  #26  

5 posts
Yeah.. it is true. I updated to 7392 and now the battery is getting over heated.
I used some applications like facebook, and then some internet browsing, market place search for around 10 minutes and then i kept my phone in my pocket. Then i could feel it so hot. After an hour i wanted to browse some internet and was schocked, the battery is down already.
Microsoft is sending all ****ty updates. I will downgrade it to 7390 today.
13th May 2011, 10:06 AM   |  #27  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4

147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy_bun

Yeah.. it is true. I updated to 7392 and now the battery is getting over heated.
I used some applications like facebook, and then some internet browsing, market place search for around 10 minutes and then i kept my phone in my pocket. Then i could feel it so hot. After an hour i wanted to browse some internet and was schocked, the battery is down already.
Microsoft is sending all ****ty updates. I will downgrade it to 7390 today.

Dramatic much?

NoDo was obviously the big update and that was great. Then MS deemed the software not secure so rolled out a security update. Personally knowing my info is safe, but having to charge my phone more than before, whilst is a bit of an inconvenience, is worth the piece of mind.

If you have any negative feelings about online security, just ask PS3 users how secure they feel right now!!!
13th May 2011, 01:28 PM   |  #28  
Flag Salford Quays, Manchester
Thanks Meter: 30

478 posts
More
Quote:

If you have any negative feelings about online security, just ask PS3 users how secure they feel right now!!!

We don't feel very secure at all!

Regarding the post stating it's only affecting euro unbranded ROMS, mine is euro unbranded and I haven't noticed any Battery draining issues.
13th May 2011, 01:34 PM   |  #29  

5 posts
Quote:

Dramatic much?

NoDo was obviously the big update and that was great. Then MS deemed the software not secure so rolled out a security update. Personally knowing my info is safe, but having to charge my phone more than before, whilst is a bit of an inconvenience, is worth the piece of mind.

NoDo was a big update??
I havent seen much of difference before and after NoDo, expect the copy paste option.
I know microsoft will be doing its best to make the device secure. Eating up of all the battery just for giving a little security doesnt make any sense. "The phone is more secure when its dead" i think this is what microsoft is thinking about.
13th May 2011, 02:22 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshines

just my observation

it seems that those having battery issues after the may update are all euro roms.

i havent experienced battery issues after updating to 7392. im not even sure what the update is all about.

have you guys tried flashing a different rom region? ( i dont know if that is possible but how i see it if all of our hd7s be it its a euro,us asia version if they all have the same architecture most likely it would work)it could be with the add ons to the euro roms that make the battery life shorter (im not a techie guy but i do know how to flash roms lol!).

for my T-Mo_US hd7, im not experiencing any battery issues after updating to 7392 for three days now.

The latest update of Shazam moved it to the XBox Live Games section. I guess we can expect a new update soon.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread