Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

7392 ruined my battery life

Tip us?
 
unlockMe
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 79
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Default no problem

updated a few days ago. no problem with the battery life (T-Mobile US HD7).
Radio rom = 5.51.09.11a_22.31.50.09U

I checked all the settings that can generate data activity and the 7392 had kept all my previous settings (like not checking for updates, ...).

I usually go 9am - 6pm, have a few hours of calls with my bluetooth headset and so far I have not ended up not having enough battery to finish a day.

It may depend on where you're located, poorly covered area means the phone has to beef up the power to the antenna to reach the cell towers.
 
BlitterTwisted
Old
#22  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 155
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio View Post
So does anybody who's rolled/rolling back fancy posting their Radio versions to compare?
I'm back on 7390 and heres my values:

OS: 7.0.7390
Firmware: 2250.09.16901.401
Hardware: 0002
Radio: 5.54.09.21_22.33b.50.10U
Radio hardware: A.102.0.D4

I am on the unbranded EU ROM too.

In the next few days I might try reapplying my updates and then checking all settings to see if things I turned off have been turned back on again.
My blog http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Latest post: Nokia Lumia 800 review
 
razer2911
Old
#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by toff74 View Post
I'm in the same boat...

After the update, not only is my battery draining faster, but my reception actually seems worse (subjective).

I hope we can find out why and get a fix for this sharpish as it's driving me nuts having to carry my charger around with me (quite a heavy user)...
The battery drain looks the same to me but the phone seems to have a hard time holding on to 3G signal and keeps switching back to EDGE.
Normally i get 3 bars of 3G signal at my work place but today the phone was on EDGE and even GPRS most of the day.

It's been 8 hrs since unplugging the phone in the morning and it's still at 80% charge. Although i just made 2 short calls, checked a few emails and about 10 minutes of web browsing.
 
btbarr16
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Camera problems on 7392

I updated today to 7392 and rolled back almost immediately. I wasn't on it long enough to notice battery issues, but I notice a few other problems. First, I have the shazam app on my home screen and after updating it was gone from the home screen and app list. When it went to reinstall it in the market it only gave me the option to share the app which is what it does when an app is installed already. So I couldn't uninstall or reinstall it. Secondly, I was fooling around with the camera app and not to long after taking and deleting a few pictures I noticed a huge slow down and the screen became almost unresponsive. With a few graduation parties for some of my college buddies coming up and want my camera app to be working the way it should be.
 
moonshines
Old
(Last edited by moonshines; 13th May 2011 at 07:09 AM.)
#25  
moonshines's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 125
Join Date: Apr 2009
just my observation

it seems that those having battery issues after the may update are all euro roms.

i havent experienced battery issues after updating to 7392. im not even sure what the update is all about.

have you guys tried flashing a different rom region? ( i dont know if that is possible but how i see it if all of our hd7s be it its a euro,us asia version if they all have the same architecture most likely it would work)it could be with the add ons to the euro roms that make the battery life shorter (im not a techie guy but i do know how to flash roms lol!).

for my T-Mo_US hd7, im not experiencing any battery issues after updating to 7392 for three days now.
owns : HTC HD7, HTC Titan ll
owned: HTC HD2, Magic, Elfin and an HP iPaq...
 
reddy_bun
Old
#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Yeah.. it is true. I updated to 7392 and now the battery is getting over heated.
I used some applications like facebook, and then some internet browsing, market place search for around 10 minutes and then i kept my phone in my pocket. Then i could feel it so hot. After an hour i wanted to browse some internet and was schocked, the battery is down already.
Microsoft is sending all ****ty updates. I will downgrade it to 7390 today.
 
toff74
Old
#27  
toff74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 147
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy_bun View Post
Yeah.. it is true. I updated to 7392 and now the battery is getting over heated.
I used some applications like facebook, and then some internet browsing, market place search for around 10 minutes and then i kept my phone in my pocket. Then i could feel it so hot. After an hour i wanted to browse some internet and was schocked, the battery is down already.
Microsoft is sending all ****ty updates. I will downgrade it to 7390 today.
Dramatic much?

NoDo was obviously the big update and that was great. Then MS deemed the software not secure so rolled out a security update. Personally knowing my info is safe, but having to charge my phone more than before, whilst is a bit of an inconvenience, is worth the piece of mind.

If you have any negative feelings about online security, just ask PS3 users how secure they feel right now!!!
Phone: Leo
ROM: Toff V2.2 (3.14/21683)
Radio: 2.09.51.03
HSPL: 1.66.0000
 
Audio
Old
#28  
Audio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 478
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salford Quays, Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by toff74 View Post
If you have any negative feelings about online security, just ask PS3 users how secure they feel right now!!!
We don't feel very secure at all!

Regarding the post stating it's only affecting euro unbranded ROMS, mine is euro unbranded and I haven't noticed any Battery draining issues.
| - AudiŲ - |
If my knowledge helped you, why not return the favour


Current Phone:
05/07/2012 - Present | Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: Omega v11

Previous Phones:
HTC HD7 | HTC TyTN II | Samsung E900 | I've forgot the rest
 
reddy_bun
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by toff74 View Post
Dramatic much?

NoDo was obviously the big update and that was great. Then MS deemed the software not secure so rolled out a security update. Personally knowing my info is safe, but having to charge my phone more than before, whilst is a bit of an inconvenience, is worth the piece of mind.

If you have any negative feelings about online security, just ask PS3 users how secure they feel right now!!!
NoDo was a big update??
I havent seen much of difference before and after NoDo, expect the copy paste option.
I know microsoft will be doing its best to make the device secure. Eating up of all the battery just for giving a little security doesnt make any sense. "The phone is more secure when its dead" i think this is what microsoft is thinking about.
 
bobfisher29
Old
#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshines View Post
just my observation

it seems that those having battery issues after the may update are all euro roms.

i havent experienced battery issues after updating to 7392. im not even sure what the update is all about.

have you guys tried flashing a different rom region? ( i dont know if that is possible but how i see it if all of our hd7s be it its a euro,us asia version if they all have the same architecture most likely it would work)it could be with the add ons to the euro roms that make the battery life shorter (im not a techie guy but i do know how to flash roms lol!).

for my T-Mo_US hd7, im not experiencing any battery issues after updating to 7392 for three days now.
The latest update of Shazam moved it to the XBox Live Games section. I guess we can expect a new update soon.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more

Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more