New 3.1 WiFi/3G kernel from TDR LaunchPad 1.0 OC 1.6 GHz
This is not my work; I am just placing it here so it can have its own thread. I have installed it on my xoom and it works flawlessly, enjoy!
1. As always make a back up before you do anything!
2. You must have working SDsupport to use this
2A. As a reminder you must be unlocked and rooted!
There are a few different ways to do this-
1) Download ROM Manager (Free or Paid)
2) Download the zip from the link below
3) Move zip to your external SD card
A- Using a file explorer ( ex. Root Explorer), copy and paste the .zip file to your external sdcard (/sdcard/external)
B- Put the zip on your SD card using your PC
4) Open Rom manager
5) Press the second button (Reboot Recovery)
Xoom will boot into recovery
6) Use volume rocker to select install zip from sdcard (Press power button to confirm)
7) Use volume rocker to select choose zip from sdcard
8) Select the zip file placed on the sdcard
9) Select yes
Xoom will flash file and put you back onto recovery screen
10) Select Reboot
11) Sit back and bask in the glory
If anyone is having problems loading or installing this kernel to the root directory so it can be seen in clockwork mod do this:
boot into clockwork recovery by using quickboot or when you turn your xoom on quickly press the volume down rocker and it should ask whether you want to load android recovery then press volume down again and clockwork recovery should load.
In clockwork recovery go down to mounts/storage, then mount USB storage and click that and wait, in a min or so your computer should recognize the xoom and bring up the root directory, from there load the kernel on that root and click "go back" twice to the main menu and install the kernel using the install zip from sdcard/choose zip from sd card option. You can also extract boot.img from the zip file and flash using fastboot from your PC.
For those that want the most up to date info go here +Source can be found on Github- https://github.com/TDR/Xoom
Updated with new "c1" version
updated with the new 3g "D" kernel check it out
Updated with new Launchpad 3.1 Kernel and flashable zip for tun.ko support for those that want openVPN functions
Heard insane Mflops (67-69) and Quadrant results (4200 and over)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope that helps and if it has hit the thanks button