[APP] HTC Sense 3.0 Camera APK for HTC EVO/HTC Glacier on Sense ROMs (with PANORAMA)

Search This thread
Aug 17, 2010
LA
Always do a NAN Backup before changing system files:

Works on HTC EVO and HTC Glacier, possibly other HTC on Sense ROMs.

You have to be running a Rom with Sense framework like HTC Sense or MySense (seams not to work on pure sense versions)

As in the tread title attached is HTC Sense 3.0 Instant Capture Camera WITH PANORAMA.

Installation:

Root Explorer

Move .apk to /system/app/

replace original

change permissions to rw- r-- r--

RESTART the phone an ENJOY

OR

Recovery

Download Zip file (Thanks to JGW310 for the tweaks on the Zip): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087353

Restart in recovery

install update from zip

select Update-Camera-signed.zip from your save directory

TESTED:

On Sense Roms 2.0+

Special Instructions to avoid FC:

- HDR has to be selected thru effects selection or it will FC (SCREEN SHOT 4)

- Burst function doesn't work.

-1080 Recording Possibly dual-core required. (on some phones it will just record in 720 even toe you select 1080)

- Don't change Widesceen to normal setting, if you did then go to system settings/applications and find camera and clear data, it will fix the permanent FC it caused. (Thanks eliasadrian)

Attachments

• HTCCamera.apk
    4 MB · Views: 21,100
  • 20110518140300.jpeg
    20110518140300.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 11,053
  • 20110518140343.jpg
    20110518140343.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 10,932
  • 20110518140444.jpeg
    20110518140444.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 9,754
  • 20110518140619.jpeg
    20110518140619.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9,384
Last edited:

kvnbrkbl

Feb 13, 2011
ill test it out, im running sense 3.0 right now. The panorama would be cool my old hd2 had that feature.

bigmase23

May 5, 2011
Confirmed and works perfectly! Would thank you, but don't know how lol sry!

I figured it out Thanks!

Last edited:

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Subscribing... didn't work so far on newest mikz

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

bigmase23

May 5, 2011
Running Vr kingdom a1 with fix, app work great! Just follow the directions & you will have no problems if you are used to root explorer.

Better to do it this way, IMO, if you flash you have to reboot, and some are having trouble with these roms when they reboot.

Also, on a side note, if you do end up rebooting and you have trouble, just reboot again until you get a reboot and start. This is what I do, the faster sense starts the better boot = a smoother rom!!

javidnky2005

Feb 4, 2009
Is this baked into any roms?

As in the tread title attached is HTC Sense 3.0 Instant Capture Camera WITH PANORAMA.

Installation:

Root Explorer

replace original

TESTED:

On Sense Roms 2.0+

Special Instructions
:
HDR has to be selected thru effects selection.

Burst function doesn't work.

1080 Recording Possibly dual-core required.

javidnky2005

Feb 4, 2009
I tried this on VR Gengersense Revolution rom and replaced Htccamera.apk with root explorer and did not show up when I rebooted and had Sense 2.1. Please help.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

kkryter

Nov 27, 2006
Running Mik Gengersense 2.1 B and flashed the new ZIP and it didn't seem to work for me, same camera app that came with the ROM. Any suggestions?

vinscuzzy

Mar 5, 2006
Tried it with calks evio 3 rom, and it force closes everytime its opened. Camera or camcorder.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Works on HTC EVO and HTC Glacier, possibly other HTC on Sense ROMs.

You have to be running a Rom with Sense framework like HTC Sense or MySense (seams not to work on pure sense versions)

Installation:

Root Explorer

replace original

OR

Recovery

Download Zip file (Thanks to JGW310 for the tweaks on the Zip): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087353

Restart in recovery

install update from zip

select Update-Camera-signed.zip from your save directory

TESTED:

On Sense Roms 2.0+

Special Instructions to avoid FC:

- HDR has to be selected thru effects selection or it will FC (SCREEN SHOT 4)

- Burst function doesn't work.

-1080 Recording Possibly dual-core required. (on some phones it will just record in 720 even toe you select 1080)

- Don't change Widesceen to normal setting, if you did then go to system settings/applications and find camera and clear data, it will fix the permanent FC it caused. (Thanks eliasadrian)
    Anyone tested this on HTC Desire HD ( Overclocked to 1.50 Ghz) Is it possible to record in 1080? (Hopely it is) :-/

Hey it doesn't work in my HTC Desire HD with my LeeDroid 3.0.3 GB Rom. Do someone know a solution? :S

to all desire hd owners: the original apk is not for you it will NOT work. see here. I am currently working on a fully functional dhd port (there will be no 1080p / burst / instant capture)
    same here..app is a no show..im on kingdom b1

Make sure you change permissions.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
    I would like to say "thank you" for sharing. got it working (with little changes) on desire hd sense 2.1 roms :D
    could you post it for sense 2.1 :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

panorama & instant capture doesnt work. working on panorama right now. take a look here

EDIT: it is for desire hd (ace) no idea whether it will work on other devices