Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Bet?

Tip us?

carnivalrejectq
Old
(Last edited by carnivalrejectq; 20th May 2011 at 03:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Best Bet?

Ok heres the situation. I broke my Epics screen completley shattered. Then , A week or more ago, i go into a sprint store looking for a case for my girlfreinds evo shift wich i had put under my account for the time being. While im doing that they tell me im eligible for an upgrade if i used it before June 30th.....and then if not used starting again October 1st. Confused (because i couldve sworn i upgraded only a year ago but really it must have been fall-winter 2010) and excited especially because i now need a phone ASAP cuz of the broken Epic i come back 2 days later and get the HTC arrive. I later returned that for the Nexus S.

Since im still under 30 days i really want to ditch this Nexus and go with the Evo 3d , the phone ive been waiting for all along. The Arrive and Nexus dealings were through a Sprint store , and since best buy and radio shack were taking the silent pre orders i decided to pre order at best buy with the intent of taking the nexus back to sprint and getting my upgrade back before the 30 days.

When i pre ordered at BB however , they told me that it sounds like they gave me an early upgrade and then when i buy the evo 3d i may have to pay an extra $200. Why i dont know because the Sprint store charged me a regular new contract price of $199 for the phones. Is this jsut a complication with Best Buy. Would it be a better bet to cancel and go pre order at Radio Shack? Im lost.....and now that the release date has been slipped and i can almost certainly still use my upgrade towards the evo i need to figure out what the best option is to save $400.

Anybody with a similar expirience or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, lol.

NewZJ
Old
Thanks Meter 448
I talked to a rep at Sprint customer service, they delayed my current eligibility till the Evo 3d comes out, i had same upgrade scenario as you

carnivalrejectq
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
what do u mean by delayed? you mean they just set it aside and are letting you use it for the 3d? Im rlly confused hered because when i do cancel the current upgrade wich is currently in use and get my refund back.....im not so sure that they just might say im not eligible any more , as they had to make a special little phone call just to get me the original upgrade.

NewZJ
Old
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalrejectq View Post
what do u mean by delayed? you mean they just set it aside and are letting you use it for the 3d?
Exactly

carnivalrejectq
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Did you already use the upgrade like i did though and then return a phone and cancel it to wait for the evo? ..Because that would be the situation im in except for a ltitle worse because i already retrurned the arrive and got the nexus and am now wanting to return the nexus and cancel the current upgrade progress altogether.. The people at the sprint store get a little more hostile every time i come in.......as if they dont ever expect anybody to do anything with the 30 day policy......i think they think im trying to get soemthing over on them

NewZJ
Old
Thanks Meter 448
Call Sprint, tell them what you want to do, they will accommodate you and note your account then the Sprint store people will do it

carnivalrejectq
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
ahhh , it all worked out smoothly , except for a damned $35 restocking fee , lol .......so all is good as long as the phone drops before june 30th ne way