Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

How the Wing *should* have looked....

OP toadlife

31st July 2009, 03:11 AM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,015

1,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatzinyourphonE

Toadlife? what happened to your wing? Why does your sig say that?

It died. It will load the bootloader, but won't flash the OS. My phone is bricked.

After doing a bit of research, I'm pretty sure it's an unfixable hardware error.

I get an "error [322] invalid command" when I try to flash, and in searching I've found no record of anyone recovering from that error.
31st July 2009, 04:51 AM   |  #12  
Flag kansas city, kansas
Thanks Meter: 69

741 posts
More
Wow, just goes to show. As easy as it is to flash, its still a very risky thing to miss with. sorry to hear that. Just one more reason to get the TP2 rite!!! Naw but hope u find a replacement.
31st July 2009, 04:52 AM   |  #13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA

1,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatzinyourphonE

Wow, just goes to show. As easy as it is to flash, its still a very risky thing to miss with. sorry to hear that. Just one more reason to get the TP2 rite!!! Naw but hope u find a replacement.

It's didn't die right after a flash, so I don't think flashing caused it. I think it is just a random hardware failure.
31st July 2009, 06:04 PM   |  #14  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 0

173 posts
More
Man thats suxz mine doesnt even turn on anymore
31st July 2009, 06:32 PM   |  #15  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA

1,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagrax

Man thats suxz mine doesnt even turn on anymore

You might have the same problem I have.

Try this:

Plug the phone into the charger or USB cable (in case your battery is dead)
Press the power button and hold in the camera button.
If you phone doesn't go into the boot loader, press the rest button while continuing to hold in the power button.

I thought my phone wouldn't turn on either, but later discovered that I could get into the boot loader - not that it helped me!
5th November 2009, 03:45 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 32

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife

I recently gave my Wing a makeover. New screen and new complete Black housing and buttons.

Check it out!

A warning though. Replacing the housing is not for the weak of heart, especially if you replace the middle part, which I did. Transferring all of the buttons and other misc tiny parts was a bear!

Funny thing is my wing is so heavily used the casing is practically black. The chrome buttons look pretty dope
5th January 2010, 07:29 PM   |  #17  
Flag New York

143 posts
More
[QUOTE=toadlife;4237651]It died. It will load the bootloader, but won't flash the OS. My phone is bricked.

After doing a bit of research, I'm pretty sure it's an unfixable hardware error.

I get an "error [322] invalid command" when I try to flash, and in searching I've found no record of anyone recovering from that error.

whats up man? great work on your final ava rom . i had a problem with getting stuck in bootloader awhile ago(not off your rom). i was installing new apps when it just suddenly shut off and went to bootloader. did you try holding both softkeys and poke the reset button(external hard reset)? worked for me and i hope it does for you!
5th January 2010, 11:34 PM   |  #18  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA

1,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=akademik_acheeba;5285551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife

It died. It will load the bootloader, but won't flash the OS. My phone is bricked.

whats up man? great work on your final ava rom . i had a problem with getting stuck in bootloader awhile ago(not off your rom). i was installing new apps when it just suddenly shut off and went to bootloader. did you try holding both softkeys and poke the reset button(external hard reset)? worked for me and i hope it does for you!

Nope an external hardware reset resulted in some weird error. I never got my Wing to work again. That reminds me - I need to put in on ebay for parts. It's got a brand new screen and that nice black enclosure.
24th May 2011, 08:16 AM   |  #19  
Flag Cotabato

2 posts
nice one men.. i really love it..

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread