Mango Developer Tools Available for download

Search This thread

tfn

May 31, 2010
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Developer News: Beta Mango Tools Available Today

Whether you’re a new or existing Windows Phone developer, now is the perfect time to take the next step and be what’s next in mobile. The checklist is simple:

Register on App Hub at http://create.msdn.com
Start a Windows Phone project and get ready for Mango with the new Beta Windows Phone Developer Tools 7.1

First the tools. Developers can use this beta release to get ready for the upcoming Windows Phone OS release. The new application platform capabilities coming in Mango deliver the top features you have asked for:

- Background processing

- New profiler and emulator for testing

- Use of Silverlight + XNA together

- Silverlight 4

- IE9 web browser control

- Live Tile enhancements: use of back of tiles and ability to update Live Tiles locally

- Deep linking into apps from notifications and Live Tiles

- Additional sensors; direct camera access, compass & gyro

- Fast application switching

- Networking / sockets for communications

- Local SQL database for structured storage

- Access to calendar and contacts for apps

d0ugi3

Mar 29, 2011
personally .. idc if i have to get it in a private message and it isnt posted online for the world ..
I am tired of not having an unlocked NODO focus ..
just because once you apprently install NODO and dont actually backup your backup file you get bonned and cant reset it back to 7004 or 8 ..

If Instagram were to create a WP7 app, now that they have direct access to the camera, would it work on current phones? Or would these apps only run on phones that have mango installed?

What I'm basically curious about is whether we have to wait until Mango before we see apps taking advantage of the new SDK, APIs etc.

iosub

Feb 16, 2006
If Instagram were to create a WP7 app, now that they have direct access to the camera, would it work on current phones? Or would these apps only run on phones that have mango installed?

What I'm basically curious about is whether we have to wait until Mango before we see apps taking advantage of the new SDK, APIs etc.

You have to wait to mango.. New apis just work on Mango

sandrax2020

May 15, 2011
Auckland
Its been said there is a MANGO BETA version to download for free... out there. But where exactly is the download file so i can download it on my htc hd7 ? If however i new how to install it though.

Someone said you need to private someone for the file and another said you msut register for it. How could so when the actual thing is free to download it aniways ? WP7 dont force anyone to register or pvt someone for the mango beta version file aniways.

Mamon

regards
sandra

p.s heres the download file for MANGO BETA for free you only get some things available. Not everything within the 500 features just yet. But here are just some what to expect. But works. Only for WP7 phones.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...64-ab15-40e1-bc38-713a95a56a05&displaylang=en

Who ever says to you to pvt me for the file or to register here before you download it... Is quite suspisous because like i said wp7 will never make you prvt someone for the download file and secondly you do not register just to download the file. Just so long you own a Windows phone 7 and download it for your phone.

Bingo

Last edited:

sandrax2020

May 15, 2011
Auckland

How do you mean we see apps taking advantage of the new SDK? what does that stands for ?
you do realise the marketplace theres allways a new app every time or at least every few days time. Are you actually talking about the whole android apps for wp7 ?

unlockMe

Mar 9, 2005
New York
How do you mean we see apps taking advantage of the new SDK? what does that stands for ?
you do realise the marketplace theres allways a new app every time or at least every few days time. Are you actually talking about the whole android apps for wp7 ?

not just the android, all the iphone apps too. that's great!!
the SDK is the tool that converts the applications for free from droid/IOS to the WP7 platform, just installed Mango on my HD7 with the link you provided, it was a bit complicated I had to reset the DNS and insert a new character after the carriage return, but it works great, thanks a lot!!! I converted all of my wife's iphone apps in 10 minutes

dazcox5181

Feb 3, 2009
london
Its been said there is a MANGO BETA version to download for free... out there. But where exactly is the download file so i can download it on my htc hd7 ? If however i new how to install it though.

Someone said you need to private someone for the file and another said you msut register for it. How could so when the actual thing is free to download it aniways ? WP7 dont force anyone to register or pvt someone for the mango beta version file aniways.

Mamon

regards
sandra

p.s heres the download file for MANGO BETA for free you only get some things available. Not everything within the 500 features just yet. But here are just some what to expect. But works. Only for WP7 phones.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...64-ab15-40e1-bc38-713a95a56a05&displaylang=en

Who ever says to you to pvt me for the file or to register here before you download it... Is quite suspisous because like i said wp7 will never make you prvt someone for the download file and secondly you do not register just to download the file. Just so long you own a Windows phone 7 and download it for your phone.

Bingo

Pretty sure that's just the developer tools... No actual ROM for installing on an actual device.... Maybe that's what people are trying to keep private as don't think MS want it out there just yet!

ruyzalim

Jan 17, 2007
stock
A really newbie question :( im would like to start developing some aplications for mango i know a litle of visual basic, so i would like to ask what is the programing languge is used to develop apps for mango? Thank you very much ;)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App