Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps automatically using different keyboards?

Tip us?

solarundies
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Apps automatically using different keyboards?

I know you can switch keyboards by tap-holding on the text field and tapping on the desired keyboard.

What I'm looking for is a way to switch the keyboards automatically based on the app being used. The only reason I want this sort of automation is because I'm using Google's ASE app, and the interpreter panel / interface doesn't allow switching keyboards. It does not pop up with the menu to do so after tap-holding.

Right now I have to switch to another app, switch keyboards, switch back to ASE, re-open the interpreter, and then start typing. In ASE I would prefer to use Android's native keyboard, while I use Swype for everything else.

Bisis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Great question

I'm looking the same app too.
This why I prefer to use phone keyboard for sms' and mails but no for internet surfing, market, and other apps...

Is there any way to make app-keyboard association?

Gnopps
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'd really like to see this as well. I use one keyboard when writing text messages and another keyboard for all other applications, this due to no keyboard supporting all the languages I write in. An app that changes keyboard when you open/close a specific app would be great!
Tags
keyboards, request