Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Apps automatically using different keyboards?

OP solarundies

25th July 2010, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I know you can switch keyboards by tap-holding on the text field and tapping on the desired keyboard.

What I'm looking for is a way to switch the keyboards automatically based on the app being used. The only reason I want this sort of automation is because I'm using Google's ASE app, and the interpreter panel / interface doesn't allow switching keyboards. It does not pop up with the menu to do so after tap-holding.

Right now I have to switch to another app, switch keyboards, switch back to ASE, re-open the interpreter, and then start typing. In ASE I would prefer to use Android's native keyboard, while I use Swype for everything else.
25th July 2010, 10:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

273 posts
Great question
I'm looking the same app too.
This why I prefer to use phone keyboard for sms' and mails but no for internet surfing, market, and other apps...

Is there any way to make app-keyboard association?
25th May 2011, 08:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

96 posts
More
I'd really like to see this as well. I use one keyboard when writing text messages and another keyboard for all other applications, this due to no keyboard supporting all the languages I write in. An app that changes keyboard when you open/close a specific app would be great!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
keyboards, request
Previous Thread Next Thread