[UC]XDA_UC V2.RC1, Automated & Silent User & Cook, Configuration Service[14/05/10]

My Preferred Method is

• 1 Full XDA_UC Method, Full XDA_UC without RunCC or SDAutorun

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • 2 Semi XDA_UC Method, XDA_UC at second boot after RunCC has run at first boot.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 3 Method 3 Legacy Out Of The Box

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka
Create a new group Called 99 Cook last or something. Then unzip this file and drop it in there and you can select it so it will include it in the build

hi all,
im also a new one trying to cook my own rom on my elfin using os kitchen,importing newer builds and mega packages,and wants to customise by one of the method like autorun,runcc or xda-uc but want to where to put my cabs,xml, .exes and other files in the kitchen,and where to write these in the xda-uc ??searched many threads but not able to understand the technical jargon ,so plz help.
thanks

hectorhts

Oct 8, 2010
Hi I have a T-Mobile HD2 with HSPL 3/ EnergyROM Energy.Leo.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.GTX.Oct.13 on it and in the start menu/tools i got an icon XDA UC and I want to know whats the utilily for that thank you

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Sorry Rory,i dont understand,are you saying that we need to compile these lines:

must put the filename to have clear attribute?

Though i've never had this kind of error with Kaiser, this are happening only with Leo.

Code:
# Sub ClearAttributeSysAndRO
############################
Sub ClearAttributeSysAndRO (fileName)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "readonly", FALSE)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "hidden", FALSE)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "system", FALSE)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "archive", FALSE)
EndSub

EDIT: problem solved,XDA_UC must be the last package to be cooked,had some regs that went in conflict lol

I would say your XDA_UC.mscr is missing the clearattributesysandro subroutine. Look near the end of the script (where subroutines must be placed).

Last edited:

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
Sorry Rory,i dont understand,are you saying that we need to compile these lines:

must put the filename to have clear attribute?

Though i've never had this kind of error with Kaiser, this are happening only with Leo.

Code:
# Sub ClearAttributeSysAndRO
############################
Sub ClearAttributeSysAndRO (fileName)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "readonly", FALSE)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "hidden", FALSE)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "system", FALSE)
  SetFileAttribute( fileName , "archive", FALSE)
EndSub
From the error message in your previous post line 60 of \windows\startup\XDA_UC.mscr probably has in it @clearattributesysandro(CARRIERSPLASHSCREEN)
The code above looks to be correct for that to work, but I think it will only work as a part of a string of code.
If @clearattributesysandro(CARRIERSPLASHSCREEN) is on the line by itself, try changing that line to
Call(clearattributesysandro, CARRIERSPLASHSCREEN)

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Thanks for reply Rory but ,well i realy dunno why, i had XDA uc before my reg tweaks and always got the error, now i moved xda_uc after them and it works fine.

From the error message in your previous post line 60 of \windows\startup\XDA_UC.mscr probably has in it @clearattributesysandro(CARRIERSPLASHSCREEN)
The code above looks to be correct for that to work, but I think it will only work as a part of a string of code.
If @clearattributesysandro(CARRIERSPLASHSCREEN) is on the line by itself, try changing that line to
Call(clearattributesysandro, CARRIERSPLASHSCREEN)

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I'm glad it is working for you now. No matter how it works.

Maybe the way things are set up now the reg settings do something required for mortscript to work properly. Not sure what since I do not use XDA_UC

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
What's the proper way to make XDA UC NOT run at 1st boot?

What I've done is to make a shortcut to XDAUC.mscr. I placed that .lnk in my Start Menu\System Tools folder. The problem I'm having is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. It seems to be about 50/50. Whenever it doesn't work, even if I go to \Windows and try to run the XDAUC.mscr directly, nothing happens.

Which brings me back to thinking that I must not be going about this in the right way. Can someone tell me how I can make a .lnk to XDAUC in my start menu that will always work??

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Reactions: ersan18

robekia1

Oct 2, 2008
www.ahraam.com
Very Bad Question

How can i use this?
Yes, it is a very simple question but i never find any documentation for this.

please tell me whitch files should i cook in the ROM.
And, whitch or what to put on the SDCARD?

Really, i got lost because i'm new to this.

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
How can i use this?

There are no separate files...you can just put everything in SD card, under XDA_UC folder, and run it from there. You dont really have to cook them in.

Reactions: robekia1

robekia1

Oct 2, 2008
www.ahraam.com
There are no separate files...you can just put everything in SD card, under XDA_UC folder, and run it from there. You dont really have to cook them in.

Thanks a ton.

What about scripting? please guide me for the best thing to do regarding the selfregister DLLs.

To Make it clear:
I'm trying to cook "MOBiDIV_PrayerTimes_Diamond2_B15_TSD_Jun1.Cab" but the problem with the included "fileosp.dll" which requires self registration that is been automatic done while installing the .CAB:rolleyes:
So, is there any kind of solution to do it while COOKING the ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UC]XDA_UC V2.RC1, Automated & Silent User & Cook, Configuration Service[14/05/10]

Another (The?) new way to implement User Customization and Cooking.

This Thread is meant for Rom Cooks.
    Users should take a look at the User To User Tips, Tricks ideas and issues thread.

What the XDA UC service does, is silently install (or not so silently if needed by User), .cab, .xdas, .xml, .reg, .mscr, copy over user manila files, install files from SDconfig.txt if wanted and then a few extra's for the freaks like copying folders or creating shortcuts from specific registries. This happens either at first or second boot depending on the existence of either RunCC.exe or Autorun.exe in rom.

It's all Mortcsript so it's very easy to get a grasp of it and change the behaviour and or Chip in adjustments/improvements.
    But no knowledge of mortscript is needed to implement
    It Uses DotFred's Taskmanager to parse and implement the .reg and .xml files. But it can also be used to disable or enable services or register DLL files.

More Information about the XDA Type Files at:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...ename=XDA_file

My Shout out for this Two Year Long Evolving Collaborating Endeavour go to:
    Bengalih (that has a very similar UC variant called Sashimi and helped with some of the early scripts I was trying to do with mort while cooking, I wish I could have collaborated more with him, it would have saved time re-inventing the wheel), RoryB for bouncing back ideas, supplying new scripts and perfecting older ones, serfer222 For making the script compacter, jmckeejr, Ameet & the whole Digital XDA SPC Cooking Crew, bbobeckyj, CLHatch, Scinor, Mort, Sleuth255, McCune, DotFred, MrVanx, danny_and_2, Cmonex, utak3r, Laurentius26, Radimus, and the Whole Original SPC Crew for accepting my obsessions.
    For Knowingly helping me get the information, unknowingly helping me get the information or motivated me in keep going on in my Quest resulting in this.

If I Forgot you, Forgive me.
    If you feel that certain information that has been used originated by you give me a holler and I will credit you if this is so.

Before you consider buying me a beer. Please consider Donating to XDA to help out with the maintenance of the forum and get cool stars next to your Nickname showing your appreciation. Then there are always the people that without their apps this wouldn't have been possible at all that you can consider showing some love. Mort, DotFred & Sleuth255 All of whom made Apps Seemingly simple But oh so useful for the whole XDA and PocketPC community.

Download and Info in next Post
    I tried removing the extra _skip

And i get:

attachment.php

As i said i'm not familiar with the New Ervius Visual kitchen and have no problem using BuildOS.

Working now, after manually removing the Original WM Taskmanager from the SYS packages. (Which was a module as opposed to DotFred's Taskmanager)

So the next test was turning Dot Fred's Taskmanager into a module and putting back the WM Tasmkanager as a module to.

Now it goes through without the error and replaces the WM Taskmgr.exe correctly.

I learned something new today thanks.

I'l be uploading the final package for Visual Kitchen later on after actually checking the DotFred Taskmanager performance as a module.
    Hi Noonski,

I need to keep dotFred Task Manager named as follows:

FS_TaskMgr.exe

... so as to not conflict with other apps I need running. Is this going to be an issue?

If so, which file(s) do I need to change to have it recognize "FS_TaskMgr.exe"

Cheers,

Well the thing is that the scripts are also aligned to parse the XML files to Taskmgr.exe

So the XDAUC.mscr should be modified to:

RunWait("\Windows\TaskMgr.exe", REGfile & " /silent")

&

RunWait("\Windows\TaskMgr.exe", "/provxml " & XMLfile)

I chose to keep using that taskmanager name scheme as QuickMenu also calls for it.

So your hitting a good point here.

I was thrilled when i could finally get rid of the Windows Taskmanager when MS separated it from Storage Space Control panel Applet. And replace it by default with this powerhouse.

(and i could always use TaskManagerLite.exe for the same experience as the WM taskmanager)

And never run into a situation where it was an issue.

So if it is important to specific Setup's it's good to look into.

I don't want to go force everyone to replace the WM taskmanager, so i can still go back, but i would also need to adjust the .xda installation script standards to this format.
    What's the proper way to make XDA UC NOT run at 1st boot?

What I've done is to make a shortcut to XDAUC.mscr. I placed that .lnk in my Start Menu\System Tools folder. The problem I'm having is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. It seems to be about 50/50. Whenever it doesn't work, even if I go to \Windows and try to run the XDAUC.mscr directly, nothing happens.

Which brings me back to thinking that I must not be going about this in the right way. Can someone tell me how I can make a .lnk to XDAUC in my start menu that will always work??

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
    How can i use this?