Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Power Button Not Working

Tip us?

pisceanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok installed anyunlock it allows you to use any physical button to unlock the screen. It doesn't respond when the Power button is pressed, it responded fine to volume rockers, gallery and shutter though.

Anyone know if this would mean for sure its a physical problem before I crack it open and try and fix it.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

pisceanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No one has any solutions for me? Come on guys.

pisceanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Breakthrough!

I am pretty sure I have fixed the problem, I tapped the phone fairly hard on its sides and back, and lo and behold after a battery pull and replacement it didn't turn itself on, I waited, nothing, so then I held the power button and it started up!!!!

But....I have another problem that happened before that, I am stuck in the boot animation that open recovery uses before going into its program (i.e. where you can load nandroid, wipe dalvik cache etc).

I was about to load a new rom, and was in open recovery, had installed it and about to do the reset and the phone turned itself off, and thats when I got the problem with the sticking boot animation.

So just to be clear, I am stuck in a boot loop, but not with the M logo, the restore logo.

I hope the power button solution can help someone else, as random as it is.

If anyone could help me get out of this boot loop without flashing stock that would be great. ( i can get to the real bootloader now btw)

Thanks again everyone.

pisceanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Solved it all
Just took the sd card out and rebooted. And the power is getting better after banging it.

Thanks to all.

Mioze7Ae
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanblue View Post
Solved it all
Just took the sd card out and rebooted. And the power is getting better after banging it.

Thanks to all.
So, is your conclusion is that the button was stuck and the banging freed it? It doesn't restick?

pisceanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The Button is not perfect still. Sometimes over sensitive Occasionally it will not even work but it works most of the time. I am just wondering what cleaning solution I could use to free it some more.

It has certainly been a trying problem. Cheers for the help.

Now I need to figure out why I have this strange ghosting on the top of my screen.....

holyguyz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Question Samsung Galaxy S2 Power Button Not Working

Hi Guys,

Any solution for the power button problem? Current latest Android 2.3.3 Samsung Galaxy S2 also having the same power button problem. Most of the time I can't use my power button to turn on/off the screen (wake/sleep) and there's no menu for long tap as well. Luckily it does wake when i press the only physical Samsung center button.

What i have already tried: Factory Reset, disable Power Saving Mode, Spare Part+ (apps), Screen Off and Lock (apps), and all won't help.

Is there any current updates or patches to allow the power button to work as usual?

Thank you.

archer88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
take it to the samsung technical centre

SuperDeform
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Thats if you still have warranty

holyguyz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer88 View Post
take it to the samsung technical centre
won't help because this is the 3rd phone replacement from the shop with the same problem. 100% Android software problem.

Tags
airplane, dexter, gallery, power, xt720