[Q] Light Bleed?

Search This thread

Need-A-Tablet

Apr 13, 2011
Read their policy. Full refund (no restock fee) within 30 days.

I'd love to know where you grabbed that from? I just read over their entire refund policy and did not see any such thing.

"When and why are restocking fees applied? How much is deducted when a return is subject to a restocking fee?

There is a restocking fee of 15% on all returns for refund (RMA Refund), unless waived by a Customer Support Agent. We charge this 15% restocking fee for all returns for refund to encourage customers to purchase products they intend to keep. We offer RMA Replacement without any restocking fee to support customers who have received a defective product. For CPU and Memory refunds, any restocking fee we use will be a reflection on current market value for the same cpu item. Newegg.com does not support attempts to profit from CPU and Memory price fluctuations."

I guess i could just ask politely for the CSA to waive the restocking fee and generate a return postage slip since I have been shopping with newegg for close to 10 years.

xephon22

Mar 26, 2011
I finally got it from staples today after they cancelled my orders 3 times.. haha.
I guess I'll return it and try to get another one. I'm not in the same state of mind as I was last month where I was in mode "must have tablet now, must have tablet now".

Thanks to all for confirming that the bleeding is horraaable :D. Enjoy your tablets!

sanjeezy91

Nov 20, 2010
my tablet didnt have much, if not any light bleed when i got it. ive had it for about 3 days now and it seems to be getting worse.....the trouble i went through to get this tablet, i dont want to return it.
im gonna wait my 14 days and see how it developes

dhoang

Jun 18, 2008
Orange County, CA
i had my first tf about a week ago. But i returned the next day because of black light bleeding issue. I just picked up my replacement early at BB, and this one is worse then the one before. On top of light leakage, it has 2 dead pixels in the middle of the screen. I will return this one also, and this time is for good.

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just got my tablet back from servicing broken speakers. Before it went in I noticed some minor light bleed, but it was on all edges so I asked that Asus look at my screen while my unit is in.

Well, I don't know what they did, but my light bleed is worse. Honestly, I don't want to send it back at my expense again, so I'll keep an eye on this and if it gets worse, I'll send it back within my warranty period. I'm disappointed that it has light bleed, but the brightness level and apps I use guarantee that I won't notice it 99% of the time.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

muscal

Feb 24, 2011
my tablet didnt have much, if not any light bleed when i got it. ive had it for about 3 days now and it seems to be getting worse.....the trouble i went through to get this tablet, i dont want to return it.
im gonna wait my 14 days and see how it developes

Mine seems to have been getting worse too. I am thinking of buying another and trying my luck with that. I have a little time left on best buy 30 day warranty

Sent from DInc CM7
using Tapatalk

mystax

Jun 12, 2010
imag0033t.th.jpg

=( just got it this morning. @100%brightness how bad is it?

Last edited:

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ad20d839-13c9-b770.jpg

Here'a mine AFTER getting it back from repair.... fortunately, I don't notice any bleed with normal use... I just hope this doesn't get worse.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

eb50

Jan 22, 2009
I sent it in for speaker repair, but specifically asked that they look at the light bleed issue I was having because I had MINOR bleeding on all edges of the screen. Now I have moderate bleeding on two sides. BUT my speakers are working :D

do you think you got the same unit back? seems shady for a company to try to fix a brand new device rather than just swap it out...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I havent read any reports anywhere of anyone posting LCD issues with the transformer :confused:

There was a comment on one of the android forums.
    I noticed it when I first switched on my device, but it was late at night in a very dark room, and brightness was on full. I have brightness set to auto now, and I have never noticed this again.

I am very intolerant of defects such as this, so if I am not seeing it, it's fair to say there isn't a problem. Of course that's just my opinion, but I really don't think it is an issue.

Hold on a moment .......OK, I've just gone and stood in a dark room, and brought up the Gallery App, because it has a dark border. No backlight bleed obvious until I turned the brightness up to maximum, at which point there was a vague semi-circle of backlight just to the right of the keyboard dock. Turning the brightness down to a sensible level solved the problem.

Hope this reassures you. I should perhaps point out that I have no affiliation with Asus, or Google, and no vested interested in device sales.
    It was two people as they quoted 'has anyone' and 'i heard that there was' :rolleyes:

No, spare me your rolleyes crap. It was people saying: My device has this problem. And some saying I'm returning it.

I've been reading a ton of sites about this device, and may have gotten confused about which site i read it on, but clearly there is no mistake when people say they have the problem, so don't accuse people of lying.

It certainly is mentioned here http://android.modaco.com/content/asus-eee-pad-transformer-transformer-modaco-com/336683/eee-pad-transformers-owners-thread-14-04-2011-first-post-updated/

"I had started to noticed light on my screen that shouldn't be there. This obviously is a backlight bleeding problem. ... the manager then took a look in the dark and he noticed it and said it was a fault with the screen and I can get a replacement."

http://www.avforums.com/forums/14430336-post46.html

"Screen. Some light bleed unfortunately (this is also being reported by other users on XDA forums/Modaco etc) - not a deal breaker, but it is there.. admittedly only noticable when using at night... Still great images though. "

(So he's probably not returning it)

in other words the first person might have had it, but hasn't said anything since, the other person has heard a 'rumour' :rolleyes:

No, in other words: You probably make up stuff all the time and think everybody else does. Stop that.

I'm seeing a connection here between 'tablets' and 'tabloid' newspapers.

I'm seeing you on my ignore list.
    I have a little bit of light bleed about 1.5" up on the right hand side of the screen... It's about the size of a 5p coin.

I'm not going to worry about getting anything done about it I don't think. I only notice in in the settings screen, and I'm rarely in there. When I'm in portrait mode, I just see it as a 'glow' on the taskbar.
    I'm already on half light, any lower and the screen looks stupid.

I hear it disappears completely when you turn off the device :D
    I just got mine yesterday and the first thing I noticed was the light bleed. It is worst on the left edge toward the bottom and on the bottom edge in the center. It's most noticeable when the screen dark(er), but is still noticeable sometimes during general use.

In an ideal world, I would simple get a replacement, but it's next to impossible to get one right now in the US. I'd rather have the device and just try to overlook the problem, but I'll see how I feel after a few days of use.