Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] **HELP** Infuse stuck at SAMSUNG logo

Tip us?

astarling10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [Q] **HELP** Infuse stuck at SAMSUNG logo

I'm a noob and I tried to install 3e recovery using the instructions and video supplied in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1105413
Everything seemed to work fine until I went into ROM manager and tried to backup current ROM (stock, rooted). I selected backup ROM and now my phone is sitting with the SAMSUNG logo and it hasn't moved from that in almost an hour. I'm not sure what to do to get the phone to boot up normally. I have done a battery pull but that didn't work. When I plug the phone into my computer, XP does recognize that is plugged in because it shows the internal and external sd cards in the My Computer window. I can't open either on by double clicking on the icon for each drive. I'm getting pretty desperate because I can't seem to figure out how to get the phone to boot normally. Any help and/or suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks!!!

gtg465x
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2828
Odin flash to stock in dev section
Current Phones:
Moto X GSM Unlocked

Previous Phones:
HTC One Unlocked, Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Titan, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Infuse, LG Thrill, HTC Inspire, Samsung Captivate, HTC Aria, Samsung BlackJack II

Dani897
Old
(Last edited by Dani897; 4th June 2011 at 10:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 683
try a hard reset. you shouldnt pull batteries unless it is the last resort, linux needs to unmount the file system.

a hard reset(different from a factory reset) is accomplished by holding the vol up +vol dn + power at the same time untill the phone reboots. if you wait till the samsung screen pops up again and immediately release you may also enter 3e recovery mode.

try to just boot the phone into the ui first. if it is still ok, go into rom manager and "flash cwm recovery" choose captivate or i9000. reboot into 3e recovery(blue text), (select reboot recovery not backup) reinstall packages twice! you should now be at a green text cwm recovery. once you get it setup the backup link in rom manager should work.

if the phone fails to boot up after a hard reset, you can attemp to clear user data in 3e recovery. you can get to 3e with phone off(you may pull battery now if you need to) hold vol up+ vol dn + pwr and hold untill you see the "samsung" screen. then you can clear data/factory reset

if that doesn't help you can still use odin/heimdall to restore the phone with one of the roms that may already have modded 3e recovery and other nice features.

astarling10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Thanks for all your help! I managed to get it back working using Odin. Now I'm on the Infused ROM and loving life. I'm going to save this post just in case I get into trouble again down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

justanoob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897 View Post
try a hard reset. you shouldnt pull batteries unless it is the last resort, linux needs to unmount the file system.

a hard reset(different from a factory reset) is accomplished by holding the vol up +vol dn + power at the same time untill the phone reboots. if you wait till the samsung screen pops up again and immediately release you may also enter 3e recovery mode.

try to just boot the phone into the ui first. if it is still ok, go into rom manager and "flash cwm recovery" choose captivate or i9000. reboot into 3e recovery(blue text), (select reboot recovery not backup) reinstall packages twice! you should now be at a green text cwm recovery. once you get it setup the backup link in rom manager should work.

if the phone fails to boot up after a hard reset, you can attemp to clear user data in 3e recovery. you can get to 3e with phone off(you may pull battery now if you need to) hold vol up+ vol dn + pwr and hold untill you see the "samsung" screen. then you can clear data/factory reset

if that doesn't help you can still use odin/heimdall to restore the phone with one of the roms that may already have modded 3e recovery and other nice features.

hi dani, i got the same case. but mine cannot boot into CMW. my PC does not detect. any idea??

lapree1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
did you get this fix, I am having the same issue.

LG_iiNsTiiNcT
Old
Thanks Meter 99
So u should use gtgs ultimate unbrick then follow this.
1: Root using super one click
2: Download 3e recovery save it to your SD card
3: Use root explorer to move the 3e recovery file to systim bin overwrite recovery file
4: Reboot phone
5: Download Rom manager and click flash clock work mod pic i9000 not the (mtd)
6: Once its done select reboot in recovery
7: In recovery click RE-INSTALL it should load then click re-install again and u should get green cwm then reboot and flash away

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

hoofadoo
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_iiNsTiiNcT View Post
So u should use gtgs ultimate unbrick then follow this.
1: Root using super one click
2: Download 3e recovery save it to your SD card
3: Use root explorer to move the 3e recovery file to systim bin overwrite recovery file
4: Reboot phone
5: Download Rom manager and click flash clock work mod pic i9000 not the (mtd)
6: Once its done select reboot in recovery
7: In recovery click RE-INSTALL it should load then click re-install again and u should get green cwm then reboot and flash away

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App
This is an old useless method... just Odin flash the community kernel v8... done..

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

bradman117
Old
(Last edited by bradman117; 30th September 2011 at 01:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1551

DONATE TO ME
I have had that same boot screen problem too, buy a jig and u can put it into download mode that way then when you use odin3 to restore stock, u can get the stock rom with the recovery in it for u and u just need to download the update.zip on rom manager and then go into recovery and run the update zip twice. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1092021

You should get a jig (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313) its a life saver in my opinion. because u can restore ur phone if u ever mess up.

Brazen9000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too am stuck at the Samsung logo. I've used Odin to revert to stock but I think the Stock I reverted to was AT&T rather than Rogers? I can't seem to find the Rogers stock. I've tried to get it into recovery mode, taking out the battery booting with power up and down, releasing power when the Samsung logo came up - no good, the logo stays. I'm at a loss? Any advice? Is the a full raft of pit / pda etc files for Odin that I can make the Rogers Infuse as it was day one?

Thanks for any help