Any T-Mobile Stores Confirm Sale Date Prior to 6/15? [Some Walmarts selling 6/8]

Search This thread

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
I've made a few calls to some Metro Detroit T-Mobile Stores and all of them told me June 15th. Has anyone got confirmation from their local T-Mobile store will have it on-sale any soon?

Also, any info on how to find the Select Walmarts on June 12th? Wonder if that means 12:01am you can get it at a 24hrs store.

I will be getting one of these bad boys as soon as I possibly can :)

-CMYLXGO

UPDATE 6/8/2011: It appears that Walmart stores that have inventory are selling them for $600 off contract and $148.88 for 2-Year contract.

UPDATE 6/12/2011: Here is a PDF print out of the Walmart Ad showing the price at $148.88 for those that want to try and price match incase their local Walmart is out of stock due to this post on XDA :)

Last edited:

stepinmyworld

Apr 14, 2010
this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

recondo1202

Oct 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I went to my local T-Mobile store and they also would only disclose June 15th as the go-live date for the Sensation @ T-Mobile Stores.

However, he showed me their Sensation display phone and said that they were receiving boxes (6/5) that were shrink wrapped and labeled do not open till 6/8. He couldn't confirm but he thinks its marketing/advertising stuff and that's when they need to start putting up the marketing and display material up in their store.

In checking out the demo phone (not working) and actually holding it in my hand, the feel and look of the phone are pretty sweet!

Last edited:

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY

Chris19145

Apr 1, 2011
Out of the 8 local stores I called, one confirmed that they would have them tomorrow June 8. So I'll be there first thing tomorrow and picking one up. Hopefully they stick to their word..

EDIT: Well damn it, I called again to double check and wouldn't you know it, they changed the date to 15th.. Two locations initially said 8th now the 15th.. FFUUU

Last edited:

stepinmyworld

Apr 14, 2010

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY

Nice! i am rally anxious for it. Keep watching videos and about to make a 10 minute call around to stores lol

ntellegence

Nov 30, 2006
I went to pay my bill the day before the 6/15 announcement and the guy said th 8th and showed me the dummy model. I called back after the announcement and the person (not the same one) said they don't know. I'll be at the store when it opens tomorrow...it's in walking distance.
m

C

caliber177

Out of the 8 local stores I called, one confirmed that they would have them tomorrow June 8. So I'll be there first thing tomorrow and picking one up. Hopefully they stick to their word..

Hey Chris, where are you located?

Hey guys, when letting us know of your calls and confirmations and whatnot... can you please list your location so it would help fellow XDAers outs?

Last edited:

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I just called a local store in a high-end location and was told "it's either coming out on June 8th or June 15th". :rolleyes:

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
I just called a local store in a high-end location and was told "it's either coming out on June 8th or June 15th". :rolleyes:

That is some BS...If it was coming out on the 8th they would know today since they would need to be ready for it tomorrow morning. Morons!

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
I'm a T-Mobile USA employee. In a meeting it was originally announced for June 8th but recently that was changed to June 15. Reason is unknown. Speculation is a few last minute bug fixes.

Reactions: Flippy125

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
The employee I spoke with had to ask one of his colleagues. At this point, I have just about resigned myself to waiting another week. I just sold my MT4G, so it's back to my trusty old G1 for a week.

Profondo_Rosso

Sep 22, 2010
Two tmobile locations in NJ told me the 8th, however, that was last Wednesday.

Will Walmart allow me to buy it off contract? Or are they strictly contracts and shenanigans?

lilcleo001

Feb 1, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
I chatted with a T-Mobile rep yesterday. They said if I buy thru Walmart it will be thru Walmart Mobile. I don't understand this. They pretty much said I can't upgrade my current contract to get the HTC Sensation. I will have to wait till the 15th and get it thru T-Mobile. They also said they had the launch on the 15th of July in there system.

digiholic

Apr 5, 2011
purgatory
I'm good with this idea for a thread. Almost started it myself earlier today.

I've rooted and ROM'd phones for two employees at my city's largest T-Mobile store. One being a manager. They are always cool with me and will hold their first Sensation for me. We text each other with news so they said if they get them in for tomorrow's possible first day they would let me know. No word yet on receiving stock for tomorrow.

I live in Greensboro, NC. Not the biggest market so maybe they aren't on the premium stores list. If he texts me... this is the first place I'm posting.

Reactions: Profondo_Rosso

Profondo_Rosso

Sep 22, 2010

I've rooted and ROM'd phones for two employees at my city's largest T-Mobile store. One being a manager. They are always cool with me and will hold their first Sensation for me. We text each other with news so they said if they get them in for tomorrow's possible first day they would let me know. No word yet on receiving stock for tomorrow.

I live in Greensboro, NC. Not the biggest market so maybe they aren't on the premium stores list. If he texts me... this is the first place I'm posting.

Buy two, I'll pay for shipping. ;)

nccu_eagles

Jun 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I'm in Charlotte and all the stores here said june 15..... no way little Greensboro will get it before Charlotte lol :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-CMY
    Seriously, if you are not eligible for an upgrade and customer loyalty offers you the phone for full upgrade price and you ***** about that, you need to just go away. I am not directing this to anyone in particular, more like the ubiquitous you.

Saying tmo sucks or you are cancelling because they won't give you their newest, highest end phone for free days before it even technically goes on sale are just never going to be pleased. I haven't yet used a cell provider as generous as tmo.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    what you do to get it on? it was in the market? or you sideloaded it?

I just installed the apk I found in the Desire forum using Astro. I attached it, if anyone wants to try it
    I spoke to a tmobile rep today. He told me that a soft launch will happen tomorrow, the 8th in the stores that sell the most phones. All other stores will get them on the 15th. He said the best thing to do is to call around to all the tmobile stores in the AM as soon as they open and ask if they have it. The guy seemed like he was on top of his game and really wanted to help.
    attachment.php

picture of the sensations for prove he does have 4 at the store with s-off