New OTA: EE4 - Tons of Fixes
OK fellas... I'm not a dev by any means, but my internal contact at VZW gave me a heads up on a new OTA coming out tonight. EE4 is supposed to fix an entire laundry list of issues, so we just need someone with the skills to obtain it and convert it for those of us on Voodoo.
Copied from http://support.vzw.com/system_update/charge.html
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update,
EE4, for your DROID CHARGE by Samsung..
Verizon Wireless and Samsung encourage you to download this update.
- Improved battery life when placing a voice call.
- Easily return calls within the call log entry by pressing the phone icon.
- Outgoing calls from the Visual Voice Mail application will be placed properly.
- Pressing and holding the ‘1’ key will automatically route the user to the Voice Mail service (*86).
- Audio has been adjusted to avoid ‘No Audio’ or ‘Screeching Sounds’.
Web Browsing and Data Access
- Accurately detect and connect to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE or 3G network.
- Enhanced browser performance.
- Email and Messaging
- A new Email folder structure has been implemented.
- When a subfolder exists under a current Email folder, an arrow will appear to the right of the folder icon.
- When a user touches the arrow, the folder system will expand to show all subfolders available for selection.
- When an Exchange password has been modified, the device will direct the user to the password screen to adjust the saved password accordingly.
- Improvements in the Email and Calendar sync.
- Additional Device Features
- Restoration of Mobile Hotspot capability.
- When in USB Mass Storage mode (UMS), the device will be recognized immediately when plugged into a PC.
- Device recognizes ringtones purchased from the Verizon Wireless website.
- Improvements in GPS performance.
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform the download,
please visit verizonwireless.com/droidchargesupport