[Q] Rooting problem

Search This thread

stelphi

Sep 4, 2009
Hello to all,

I'm a new Android user that has recently migrated from Windows Mobile 6.1. I have downloaded this FRX06_Full_Bundle_25.3.2011.zip and successfully installed it on my SD Card. This distribution works OK, but there are some minor issues I need to fix. So I need a root access to my phone. And here comes the problem how to do it.

I read several articles over the internet how to root your phone but all of them are about phones where Andoid is installed in the ROM. Moreover - they require USB access to the phone. And I have problems finding the correct USB drives or my phone USB does not work.

So could you point me an article that explains how to root my phone when Android is installed on the SD Card. Is there a way to do it by mounting the SD card on my laptop via the card reader. I want to avoid using the USB port.

BR

sirskull

Aug 24, 2007
Brussels
Are you trying on Windows or Linux?
Did you install ADB on your pc already?
Did you enable developers access on the android?

I think you need to provide a little bit more info.

stelphi

Sep 4, 2009
Yea, sorry about that.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit. Currently I'm unable to find suitable drivers...

I have enabled the developers access on my phone, but the drivers problem wouldn't let me root my phone using the conventional approach.

So I'm wondering is there any other way to root the phone that does not include the USB port...

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
The build comes rooted out of the box. There's nothing additional you need to do in order to root.

You should probably read the FAQ if want more info on adb.

adb is not required for root access. Again, FRX06 comes rooted, nothing needs to be done to 'root' this build.

Reactions: stelphi

stelphi

Sep 4, 2009
arrrghhh, thanks for the help. Indeed the distribution is rooted by default. I have confirmed this with the terminal application.

I have a problem with the Samba Filesharing (funkyFresh). The app website states states that the telephone is not rooted or Superuser not installed (I have already installed this). That's why I have tried to "root" my phone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The build comes rooted out of the box. There's nothing additional you need to do in order to root.

You should probably read the FAQ if want more info on adb.

adb is not required for root access. Again, FRX06 comes rooted, nothing needs to be done to 'root' this build.