Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Wifi transfers

OP adamsjw2

6th June 2011, 05:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Hi all,
Has anyone had luck with the lan connection in File Manager HD, from your Xoom to your PC? I have a shared folder on my PC from which I would like to transfer some pictures to my Xoom. I"m missing something as the connection fails. The permissions on the PC are right, I believe. Do I need to enable an FTP or smb server on my win 7 laptop? I need the abillity for wifi transfers to and from my zoom so any other app recommendations are appreciated.
TIA,
Jim

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Last edited by adamsjw2; 6th June 2011 at 05:49 PM.
6th June 2011, 06:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsjw2

Hi all,
Has anyone had luck with the lan connection in File Manager HD, from your Xoom to your PC? I have a shared folder on my PC from which I would like to transfer some pictures to my Xoom. I"m missing something as the connection fails. The permissions on the PC are right, I believe. Do I need to enable an FTP or smb server on my win 7 laptop? I need the abillity for wifi transfers to and from my zoom so any other app recommendations are appreciated.
TIA,
Jim

I don't have problems with SMB transfer from both File Manager HD nor ES File Explorer... usually, the key is the login credentials... you'll probably have to check the settings in your Desk pc (maybe firewall too)... as long they're correct and you're in the same LAN, it should not be a problem
(it could be much faster, but at least it works...)
6th June 2011, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Now I'm using File Expert on my Zoom and an FTP client on my Win7 machine. I'm still trying to get FM HD to work. I've tried every networking trick I know and that is quite. A few.
I'll post back here as soon as I do.
Jim

7th June 2011, 06:24 AM   |  #4  

43 posts
I am using ES File Manager and the obvious needed checking, IP Address (check), LOGON credentials (I forgot I had to log on to the PC so Username and Password)(check). I have my D:\ shared in Windows so maybe that is the missing link ?
7th June 2011, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
More
I get a connection and all the folders that show up are empty. The folder names, however, are correct.

8th June 2011, 01:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 175

1,274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by senaca

I get a connection and all the folders that show up are empty. The folder names, however, are correct.

This means that you have to edit the connection and put in your log in information

The Following User Says Thank You to timrock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2011, 05:58 AM   |  #7  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 14

273 posts
More
why dont you give this a try, it works great on the xoom.

Check out app "Soft Data Cable" @ http://market.android.com/details?id....softdatacable

12th June 2011, 11:16 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 63

585 posts
I use ESFile server all the time and it works great.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread