Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ext4 Roms

Tip us?

d12unk13astard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630
Default Ext4 Roms

What are some of the roms in the mytouch 4g thread that support appstoext4, currently using a zip file that supports apps2sd (thanks to that dev) but i do prefer using the ext partition. I also prefer aosp to sense, but if there are some sense roms that support apps2ext i will def check them out. Thanks for looking @ my thread and any information is welcome
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 948
Why would you need the ext partition in MT4G? ~1GB of internal RAM isn't good enough?
And if you're talking about reformatting /data with EXT4, why is it of any concern?
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

d12unk13astard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630
No, 1gb of ram is not enough for everyone especially me. I have tons of apps/games i install to my phone and the only way i can do this atm is with apps2sd which is decent, but having them installed to an ext4 partition makes them run faster then if they were on sdcard. It's ok i understand why you would think 1gb of ram is enough.

Past Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 948
If you're installing the downloaded part of the game on the internal memory (it's not RAM, my mistake - it's probably best to refer to as just internal memory), I can understand why.

In any case, the solution might be to use A2SD by DarkTremor on any ROM that you like, which you're probably doing already. I don't think many ROMs bother to support A2SD initially, since the demand for it is very small.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

d12unk13astard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 630
Ya, using dark tremors flashable zip for the moment until i can either find a rom that supports apps2ext(4) or someone educates me on which rom does support it lol Either way problem is very temporary anyways since my upgradeis in August...tho i may just wait till the Hercules or Nexus 3 come out since my last phone was a g1. This MT4G i got from craigslist with a sweet deal and blows away the g1 haha

Past Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold