Receiving GrooveIP calls with Sprint/Google Voice

Search This thread

Mr_Sinister

Dec 13, 2007
Hello all. I'm trying to receive calls using my Tab and GrooveIP. I am currently using same Sprint number as my GV number. Is this why I cannot receive calls on Tab? I can make calls just fine.

Thanks.

maciel310

Jan 15, 2008
That shouldn't be a problem, since the Sprint number just replaces your GV number. I'd check all of your forwarding settings in GV to make sure that the Google Chat is set as one of your forwarding phones (make sure that the checkbox is checked next to it in your Voice Settings > Phones tab, and that you don't have any time restrictions for the forwarding by clicking Edit). Similarly, check to make sure that you don't have any special rules on the specific contact or contact group that you are trying to initiate the call from.

I haven't messed with GrooveIP on the tab, but that'd be a good place to start if you haven't verified that already.

Mr_Sinister

Dec 13, 2007
login to your google voice account and forward your calls to google chat, that shld work

Yea, I have forward to Google chat and sprint mobile phone both checked, but still not receiving calls on tab. I even tried unchecking sprint phone and only having Google chat selected, still no dice.

droxid

Dec 20, 2010
This info worked wonders for me. Tested it out today and works perfectly.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: caguy83

Top Liked Posts