from terminal (TABLET):
chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
mount -o rw,remount /system
mount -o ro,remount /system
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
Wow.. sounds great to me.. but check this out, my procedure:
1. Downloaded 1.2 via pc, verified file, used Droid Explorer to place in my flashing folder on my external sd. CHECK
2. Rebooted into current 1.1 recovery. CHECK
3. Apply update from sd, select new 1.2 recovery, watch your ANSI-art as it flashed. CHECK
4. Select "Advanced", "Reboot Recovery". CHECK
6. Reboot normal, run itsmagic from shell. CHECK
7. Reboot to recovery, 1.2 is installed and working. CHECK
So, it is easy enough to say I did something wrong, but look at my procedure, did I? If I did not do anything wrong, and this was my outcome (and I am very experienced with Android) imagine a newbie who follows this procedure, sees that error, and thinks they (or you) broke their tablet. I know the expectation is for your 1.1 recovery to apply itsmagic automatically, but what is the harm in including it in your update.zip for the 1.2 recovery? At least that would prevent any errors like this.
With the blessings of thor2002ro, I bring you an easy to use app for installing his (or any other) recovery image.
It has his rev1.2 built-in, along with a Stock USA 1.141.07_COM_GEN1 recovery image. It can also install a recovery.img from the external sdcard.
It gives an option to backup your current image (for later rollback) and runs itsmagic (built-in) when it's finished installing a recovery image.
Let me know if anyone finds any problems with it. I have not tried it under PRIMEE 1.4. But I have flashed between thors recovery and stock recovery several times using stock HC 3.0.1.
DOWNLOAD FROM ANDROID MARKET
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|