HTC Asia ROM

Search This thread

hmakmal

Apr 29, 2010
No no. I'm talking about the first post. The one the thread starter uploaded. Is that an RUU? I need to return to stock as I'm sending it for servicing

dongster

Jan 9, 2010
help to s-off and root

No it's not a RUU. It came from the RUU. I extracted the ROM from the RUU and put it through the kitchen and rooted it.

So you need root (S-OFF) if you wanna flash this stock ROM.

Here's another link for the rooted stock 2.37 ROM

Hi,

I flashed the asia rom RUU "RUU_Ace_Gingerbread_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.37.707.3_Radi o_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_188759_signed".

Now I wish to flash to ARHD, but unable to do so as i see from bootloader S-ON and I can't seem to S-off and/or root my HTC Desire HD.

Any advice please?

Thank you.

lee2006

Feb 24, 2011
shadowboy23. thank you very much for rooting it for us. I flashed it and it is very stable (official, haha) and 4, 5, 8 mA current very often. Great!!!!!

BTW, I reverted back to busybox v1.18.4 as 1.19 is unstable/unofficial version with app Busybox Installer.

Correction:
Got the current less than 10 mA because there was no vodafone apn (no data access). Then I entered vodafone apn - internet web web, current increased a lot.

Bug/issue When I dial 191 vodafone customer service, I went straight to emergency service (as if 999)!!! The guy who answered my call asked if I wanted fire, ambulance or police @.@

Update: edited build.prop in /system | changed to ro.ril.oem.ecclist=999 | now it is solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: madnlooney
S

shadowboy23

Hi,

I flashed the asia rom RUU "RUU_Ace_Gingerbread_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.37.707.3_Radi o_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_188759_signed".

Now I wish to flash to ARHD, but unable to do so as i see from bootloader S-ON and I can't seem to S-off and/or root my HTC Desire HD.

Any advice please?

Thank you.

You need to downgrade to 1.32 if you wanna root your phone.

lee2006

Feb 24, 2011
I have used quite a few custom ROMs, but this ROM has the best standby battery life by far, after about 3 days use.

Last edited:
S

shadowboy23

I have used quite a few custom ROMs, but this ROM has the best standby battery life by far, after about 3 days use.

Really? I only flashed the rooted 2.37 to make sure it boots after cooking it. Never really used it, even for a day.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

zubir2k

good grief. thanks for uploading bro!
with this RUU, i can now restore back to stock whenever i want to rite?

as most ppl say 2.37 cannot get downgraded,
I was wondering if you can do so if you have the RUU for 1.32 or 2.36?

lee2006

Feb 24, 2011

As tested a few days ago, if one has S-OFF before upgrading to 2.37, S-OFF will be retained and thus problem going back to any lower
version.

EDIT: Expert jkoljo advised "requires Radio S-OFF, ENG S-OFF is not enough." so be careful. To avoid surprise make sure you have Radio S-OFF and ENG s-OFF before the upgrade

Last edited:

lee2006

Feb 24, 2011
Originally Posted by lee2006 View Post

Really? I only flashed the rooted 2.37 to make sure it boots after cooking it. Never really used it, even for a day.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Last night 6.5 hours, battery only drained to 88% from 100%. I have Wifi on, GPS on, backgroud data and anto-sync option on, facebook contact sync on, facebook for HTC Sense on (Sync live feed, sync contacts with update every hour but as I use ADW launcher, this bit probably don't sync at all), Google sync contacts on, sync calender on, Weather sync every 3 hours, K-9 Mail 'push' mail on.

Battery life could be different for others as radio signal strength can also affect it significantly. However for myself, as I live in same address everynight, lol, radio strength factor does not apply to me.

Last edited:

cmloo

Dec 8, 2006

Actually after flashing it says 2.3.3. Wonder why HTC named the file 2.3.7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I just got this today from HTC

RUU_Ace_Gingerbread_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.37.707.3_Radio_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_188759_signed

Not sure if any cookers want this to try out this built. I didnt dare flash it as I'm not sure will be able to downgrade (I believe this is 2.37 ???)

I am a complete noob on how to post the file 265MB file but if anyone wants this pls let me know how I can post it up ya.

WARNING:
    Please note that you may not be able to downgrade to a lower version after upgrading. The downgrade option on this site only supports till 2.36 so far if my understanding is correct.

Edit: Multiupload Link (This is the unrooted original .exe RUU - You will lose ROOT !!! )
    http://www.multiupload.com/S3H3ZSBX4K

Edit: ROOTED Version ( to be flashed by CWM ) below
    http://www.multiupload.com/583EPAUJ67
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3503409672/STOCK_2.37.zip

If you like this...Pls just press the THANKS button
    many thanks for the latest stock ROM. I had cm7 and flashed this. I can confirm the following:

Gingerbreak does NOT work on it.
    S-OFF retained therefore downgrade to any stock ROM with no problem at all.
    shadowboy23. thank you very much for rooting it for us. I flashed it and it is very stable (official, haha) and 4, 5, 8 mA current very often. Great!!!!!

BTW, I reverted back to busybox v1.18.4 as 1.19 is unstable/unofficial version with app Busybox Installer.

Correction:
    Got the current less than 10 mA because there was no vodafone apn (no data access). Then I entered vodafone apn - internet web web, current increased a lot.

Bug/issue When I dial 191 vodafone customer service, I went straight to emergency service (as if 999)!!! The guy who answered my call asked if I wanted fire, ambulance or police @.@

Update: edited build.prop in /system | changed to ro.ril.oem.ecclist=999 | now it is solved.