Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Source for replacement screens?

OP Khegobier

22nd March 2011, 08:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madison, AL
Thanks Meter: 12

177 posts
More
Checking to see if anyone knows of or has a source (other than eBay) for screen replacements for the focus. I've got a badly cracked screen that I'd like to replace, but samsung direct wants $156 and the cheapest on ebay is $98.xx coming from overseas. Everyone I found via google is in the $120's give or take now as well.

Kindof kicking myself for not picking one up when I had the 10% off ebay coupon and there were US sources at $98.
15th April 2011, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Just bought 2 screens from a wholesaler. Installed one and its working great. Need sim card replacement tray now. Can't find them anywhere. If anyone has a link please let me know.
11th May 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 125

291 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by teksama

Just bought 2 screens from a wholesaler. Installed one and its working great. Need sim card replacement tray now. Can't find them anywhere. If anyone has a link please let me know.

How easy is to repair? where did you bought the screens? I have a burned pixel and I want to change the screen
11th May 2011, 06:29 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teksama

I'd like to know where you got the screens too.
12th June 2011, 06:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag 562

122 posts
More
www.wholesalegadgetparts.com, US wholesaler, $99.00 bucks, BBB rated etc... I just ordered one.
18th June 2011, 09:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag 562

122 posts
More
******** UPDATE, this seller is legit. Fast shipping, and the new digitizer/screen is flawless.
21st July 2011, 03:13 PM   |  #7  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 14

129 posts
More
How about some info on disassembly and replacement?
26th September 2011, 05:08 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
So, if your 2 year old is like mine, he's quite efficient at shattering your phone's screen. SO, I went online and found a replacement screen and set sbout installing it myself. I make no claim at any sort of electrical know-how... Damn it Jim, I'm a med student not an electrician. But I do enjoy my gadgets. Anyway, I went online and found some you-tube videos and successfully changed out the screen! Woo-Hoo! I used a hybrid of the two videos as one of them seemed a little too, much but it had a good rebuild sequence.

The first video has a good description of how to remove the screen (I didn't use the hair dryier and it worked just fine), and the second shows how to put it back. The second video should also be good to show how to replace other thinsg (camera, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUTPf8QyAVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhdz_Xa-Co

I hope this helps people out there make their own replacements a success!
29th September 2011, 03:51 PM   |  #9  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
I have a cracked glass, the LCD and digitizer are fine. I have found someone that sells the outer glass for $16. My question is if I can get the digitizer off the old glass and onto the new one.

I honestly don't want to spend $100 on a screen replacement when I can buy a slightly used one for $150...
26th January 2012, 12:36 AM   |  #10  
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuxr

I have a cracked glass, the LCD and digitizer are fine. I have found someone that sells the outer glass for $16. My question is if I can get the digitizer off the old glass and onto the new one.

I honestly don't want to spend $100 on a screen replacement when I can buy a slightly used one for $150...

+1

On ebay is 12dlls the glass, somebody told me that they fix it in a mall were i am from (Mexico) they heat the screen to disolve the glue but i'm not sure about this. The total of the price should be like 35dlls the replacement.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread