Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 41,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Source for replacement screens?

Tip us?

Khegobier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Source for replacement screens?

Checking to see if anyone knows of or has a source (other than eBay) for screen replacements for the focus. I've got a badly cracked screen that I'd like to replace, but samsung direct wants $156 and the cheapest on ebay is $98.xx coming from overseas. Everyone I found via google is in the $120's give or take now as well.

Kindof kicking myself for not picking one up when I had the 10% off ebay coupon and there were US sources at $98.

teksama
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just bought 2 screens from a wholesaler. Installed one and its working great. Need sim card replacement tray now. Can't find them anywhere. If anyone has a link please let me know.

eried
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teksama View Post
Just bought 2 screens from a wholesaler. Installed one and its working great. Need sim card replacement tray now. Can't find them anywhere. If anyone has a link please let me know.
How easy is to repair? where did you bought the screens? I have a burned pixel and I want to change the screen
My website http://ried.cl

hapa papa
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by teksama View Post
I'd like to know where you got the screens too.

magnumrt562
Old
Thanks Meter 12
www.wholesalegadgetparts.com, US wholesaler, $99.00 bucks, BBB rated etc... I just ordered one.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Pre-Ordered)
HTC ONE (M8) Rooted

A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how to get there.

magnumrt562
Old
Thanks Meter 12
******** UPDATE, this seller is legit. Fast shipping, and the new digitizer/screen is flawless.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Pre-Ordered)
HTC ONE (M8) Rooted

A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how to get there.

wildbilll
Old
Thanks Meter 14
How about some info on disassembly and replacement?

Samsung Focus (SGH-i917)
w/16GB Sandisk microSD (CL4)
Total Storage 22.12GB

sun-snow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So, if your 2 year old is like mine, he's quite efficient at shattering your phone's screen. SO, I went online and found a replacement screen and set sbout installing it myself. I make no claim at any sort of electrical know-how... Damn it Jim, I'm a med student not an electrician. But I do enjoy my gadgets. Anyway, I went online and found some you-tube videos and successfully changed out the screen! Woo-Hoo! I used a hybrid of the two videos as one of them seemed a little too, much but it had a good rebuild sequence.

The first video has a good description of how to remove the screen (I didn't use the hair dryier and it worked just fine), and the second shows how to put it back. The second video should also be good to show how to replace other thinsg (camera, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUTPf8QyAVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhdz_Xa-Co

I hope this helps people out there make their own replacements a success!

Knuxr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have a cracked glass, the LCD and digitizer are fine. I have found someone that sells the outer glass for $16. My question is if I can get the digitizer off the old glass and onto the new one.

I honestly don't want to spend $100 on a screen replacement when I can buy a slightly used one for $150...

mywhiteside
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuxr View Post
I have a cracked glass, the LCD and digitizer are fine. I have found someone that sells the outer glass for $16. My question is if I can get the digitizer off the old glass and onto the new one.

I honestly don't want to spend $100 on a screen replacement when I can buy a slightly used one for $150...
+1

On ebay is 12dlls the glass, somebody told me that they fix it in a mall were i am from (Mexico) they heat the screen to disolve the glue but i'm not sure about this. The total of the price should be like 35dlls the replacement.