[Q] Ice Cream Sandwich Development???

Search This thread

IIDeViiNII

Jan 20, 2011
By the time ice cream sandwich is out do any of you think that the nook will still stand strong and get a stable rom of it since it will be open source(at least thats what i heard)?
I really want to know because if i bought one i want developers to still be active by the end of the year at least. But hey look at the g2 been out for 2 years and still developers i think^_^ but of course it was the first android device to be out on the market...

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
Probably. I don't have one but judging by all the ports (honeycomb gingerbread etc) i think it should be fine

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: IIDeViiNII

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
Since the Nook is supported by a large known custom ROM like Cyanogenmod, I would say it is safe to assume the Nook will be getting a couple Android iterations.

poofyhairguy

Feb 19, 2011
Why the bump? Didn't this thread give an answer?

I have read on the forum that CM7 developer dalingrin plans to keep his Nook Color till quad core tablets come. None of the rest have announced plans, but the activity is so high that it would be strange if the development community left in six months.

With that said, this is CM- there is no promises. We will know the answer only in the winter.

Gin1212

Jan 26, 2011
Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe quad core is coming out in the 4th Quarter, as well as Ice Cream. As well as Amazon's Quad Tablet :p

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
My *plan* is to keep the Nook Color going until I get a tablet that comes with ICS this fall/winter. I'm not sure if I'll keep maintaining CM7/8 beyond that point. I'm sure someone else will step up if needed.

I can't speak for the other Cyanogenmod Nook developers but I have a feeling they will likely do the same.

Most likely I will at least get the port to ICS complete before I move on but no promises.

Gin1212

Jan 26, 2011
My *plan* is to keep the Nook Color going until I get a tablet that comes with ICS this fall/winter. I'm not sure if I'll keep maintaining CM7/8 beyond that point. I'm sure someone else will step up if needed.

I can't speak for the other Cyanogenmod Nook developers but I have a feeling they will likely do the same.

Most likely I will at least get the port to ICS complete before I move on but no promises.
Keep us posted o.o, I will be following you till you finally leave all of this. Your work thus far has been amazing as well as your tech support to us all, regardless of knowledge level.

life64x

Jul 19, 2010
San Diego
By the time ice cream sandwich is out do any of you think that the nook will still stand strong and get a stable rom of it since it will be open source(at least thats what i heard)?
I really want to know because if i bought one i want developers to still be active by the end of the year at least. But hey look at the g2 been out for 2 years and still developers i think^_^ but of course it was the first android device to be out on the market...
Take a look at the phone developers...they are still developing ports of OS's and apps that the original phone was discontinued by the companies...and they are still kicking some major ass..how old is the nook...it really is not that old and look at our options currently...both android...time will go on and different systems will come with the nook..and let's say all development did stop right now in the software world..the nook is still one versatile little piece of hardware..and can last a good time longer..we have ice cream coming in the future along with the intercourse of honeycomb and phone android....:)...development will continue for a while because we have talented developers here and they love this device..dalingrin and madcat and others that have not even come forward yet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Probably. I don't have one but judging by all the ports (honeycomb gingerbread etc) i think it should be fine

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    Since the Nook is supported by a large known custom ROM like Cyanogenmod, I would say it is safe to assume the Nook will be getting a couple Android iterations.
    I honestly doubt the NC will ever have a stable HC port.
    I think the sooner ICS comes out, the better for us, the later, the worse for us.
    well, I think the main thing that will kill our NC is a hardware upgrade from B&N.

NC2, then we'll all have to run out and buy a new one :D