Disable e: Signature verification on samsung vibrant
Originally Posted by kisfit2000
I have resolved this many many times... Just follow these steps -
Pre-requisite - Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to your pc.
1. Root your phone using SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse. You can get it at 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682'
2. Go to this thread and download the two files 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833423' - '3e_recovery_installer.zip' and 'update.zip (1.34 mb)'
2. Run install.bat from 3e_recovery_installer folder to rectify the the recovery signature checking.
3. Keep the just downloaded update.zip (1.34 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot.
Its not done yet.
4. Now get the actual clockwork mod recovery update.zip (1.72 mb). You can get this using ROM manager. Now put this update.zip (1.72 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot and will be back in samsung recovery mode. Select reinstall package again and bang... You should now be at cwm recovery :)
Did this help?
It's not working with my Samsung Vibrant:
Firmware version 2.2
Baseband version T959UVKB5
Kernal version 220.127.116.11
Build number FROYO.UVKB5
I followed all the procedure, step by step, but, when I was running the install.bat from 3e_recovery_installer, I received this error:
Getting temporary root.
> Starting adb server: Success
Checking for temporary root.
> Uploading rageagainstthecage: Fail
temp root failed! install cannot continue.
1......Try again (may crash)
2......Reboot and try again (recomended)
what do you want to do:?
I tryed the number 1 and number 2 options and the results were the same.
Does someone can help me?