Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

RDP Terminal service client, with FULL trackpad and external mouse support

OP Azhad

24th June 2011, 07:03 PM   |  #21  
Flag Santa Clara
Thanks Meter: 84

379 posts
More
Just purchased the VNC Pro version from this Dev and now the Remote VNC app is running perfect. I guess it cost money for the program to work (j/k...sorta). Confirmed trackpad and right click function exactly 100% just like Remote RDP (purchase enterprise of that app).

Now working on getting remote apps to work over RDP with this app. Hoping to get SAP working on Transformer. This will be smooth if it works.
24th June 2011, 09:33 PM   |  #22  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 21

106 posts
More
I tried the VNC version out after Dahweiteh's recommendation, and it works great. Only flaw I found with it is the page up and page down don't work... but home and end do. (Strange, with how it is implimented, isn't it?)

Search also doesn't do anything, but the only time we can hit it is with the keyboard dock. I'd have loved to also remap it to Alt, or the missing Super key. This is still the best remote app I've tried with the transformer -- right clicking is huge!

Oh, yeah -- and middle clicking does not work, but is detected; it runs a menu popup when you chord.

*edit* Found out that the volume keys send Pageup and Pagedown, even if the real pageup and pagedown don't work. Needless to say, no multi-finger scrolling -- it doesn't crash like in Splashtop, but it just reverses the mouse and drags up.

*edit 2* I just got a reply back from the App author, too, saying he was going to add page up and down, middle click on menu, and the ability to configure search... wow, quick!
Last edited by ldrn; 25th June 2011 at 01:18 AM.
25th June 2011, 01:48 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 10

232 posts
can someone please educate me on how this is different from Splashtop?
25th June 2011, 08:22 AM   |  #24  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 21

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtybar

can someone please educate me on how this is different from Splashtop?

Both RDP and VNC....

Are slower. You won't watch videos with this like you can with Splashtop.

Are installed by default and you don't need to run a special program, though you need to enable it. (RDP on Windows, VNC on OSX and Linux.)

Is Linux compatible -- probably doesn't matter to you.

Are easier to set up through a firewall (just one port.)

This client is different because...

It supports more things than the Splashtop client. Right clicking the mouse sends a right click. Using the touchpad to move the mouse moves the mouse on the server as well, not requiring a click like with Splashtop. Scrolling does not work but does not crash either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread