Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[technical] Troubles upgrading?!?

Tip us?
 
shogunmark
Old
#1  
shogunmark's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 3,429
Join Date: May 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [technical] Troubles upgrading?!?

Well i dont have a device so i cant provide much info, but wanted to start a thread of problems and possible solutions...

So i will kick it off.. A friend of mine just messaged me said he acquired a post-production kaiser and wanted to install the ATT rom on it... however when he does it just says could not flash handheld or whatever or its not compatible...it goes to bootloader, gets to around 1% and then stops and phone restarts...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kalpha
What is "power cycling"? How do you do it.
Thanks again
Will gladly accept Bitcoin donations!
1DDvVKyygGi6nixdgVnpPdy4vywNXncZEF
 
swtaltima
Old
#2  
swtaltima's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 464
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunmark View Post
Well i dont have a device so i cant provide much info, but wanted to start a thread of problems and possible solutions...

So i will kick it off.. A friend of mine just messaged me said he acquired a post-production kaiser and wanted to install the ATT rom on it... however when he does it just says could not flash handheld or whatever or its not compatible...it goes to bootloader, gets to around 1% and then stops and phone restarts...
Well I'm probably going to catch a beating for this but has anybody has the BALLS to hard spl the kaiser with the hermes version. I realize saying this is obvious is an understatement but I would venture to say that most people would be to scared to try. I have a solid connection at a cingy cough...cough I mean at&t store that has switched out 8525's for me without question so I may try if I can get my hands on one. The way I see it I have to start contributing at some point LOL
Carrier: AT&T

HTC Tilt 2
ROM: Deepshining.11.23140 Sense WWE
Radio Version: 4.49.25.91
 
Tr1gg3R
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 72
Join Date: Apr 2007
I would guess it is due to a CID lock...

But then again, what do I know
 
shogunmark
Old
#4  
shogunmark's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 3,429
Join Date: May 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1gg3R View Post
I would guess it is due to a CID lock...

But then again, what do I know
if it was cid lock you generally get the "invalid vendor" code.. He specifically stated it wasnt that error... but that was my first thought also... not to mention it should be unlocked at least for the first flash since its HTC branded..

although we did discover that a hard reset is done the same way as the hermes, 2 soft keys + reset ... couldnt find how to put it in bootloader though
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kalpha
What is "power cycling"? How do you do it.
Thanks again
Will gladly accept Bitcoin donations!
1DDvVKyygGi6nixdgVnpPdy4vywNXncZEF
 
pof
Old
#5  
pof's Avatar
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 3,571
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Barcelona

 
DONATE TO ME
It is due to CID lock.
To put in bootloader hold camera + power and reset with stylus.

I got my kaiser today, I'll start to work on a CID unlocker soon
 
shogunmark
Old
#6  
shogunmark's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 3,429
Join Date: May 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pof View Post
It is due to CID lock.
To put in bootloader hold camera + power and reset with stylus.

I got my kaiser today, I'll start to work on a CID unlocker soon
thanks for the insight pof, i couldnt tell for sure since i dont actually this device yet.. hopefully i can get my hands on one soon..
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kalpha
What is "power cycling"? How do you do it.
Thanks again
Will gladly accept Bitcoin donations!
1DDvVKyygGi6nixdgVnpPdy4vywNXncZEF
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more