Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[technical] Troubles upgrading?!?

OP shogunmark

12th September 2007, 11:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 201

3,429 posts
Donate to Me
Well i dont have a device so i cant provide much info, but wanted to start a thread of problems and possible solutions...

So i will kick it off.. A friend of mine just messaged me said he acquired a post-production kaiser and wanted to install the ATT rom on it... however when he does it just says could not flash handheld or whatever or its not compatible...it goes to bootloader, gets to around 1% and then stops and phone restarts...
13th September 2007, 12:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 1

464 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunmark

Well i dont have a device so i cant provide much info, but wanted to start a thread of problems and possible solutions...

So i will kick it off.. A friend of mine just messaged me said he acquired a post-production kaiser and wanted to install the ATT rom on it... however when he does it just says could not flash handheld or whatever or its not compatible...it goes to bootloader, gets to around 1% and then stops and phone restarts...

Well I'm probably going to catch a beating for this but has anybody has the BALLS to hard spl the kaiser with the hermes version. I realize saying this is obvious is an understatement but I would venture to say that most people would be to scared to try. I have a solid connection at a cingy cough...cough I mean at&t store that has switched out 8525's for me without question so I may try if I can get my hands on one. The way I see it I have to start contributing at some point LOL
13th September 2007, 03:41 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
More
I would guess it is due to a CID lock...

But then again, what do I know
13th September 2007, 04:45 PM   |  #4  

3,429 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1gg3R

I would guess it is due to a CID lock...

But then again, what do I know

if it was cid lock you generally get the "invalid vendor" code.. He specifically stated it wasnt that error... but that was my first thought also... not to mention it should be unlocked at least for the first flash since its HTC branded..

although we did discover that a hard reset is done the same way as the hermes, 2 soft keys + reset ... couldnt find how to put it in bootloader though
13th September 2007, 07:25 PM   |  #5  
Retired Moderator
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 63

3,571 posts
Donate to Me
It is due to CID lock.
To put in bootloader hold camera + power and reset with stylus.

I got my kaiser today, I'll start to work on a CID unlocker soon
13th September 2007, 08:18 PM   |  #6  

3,429 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pof

It is due to CID lock.
To put in bootloader hold camera + power and reset with stylus.

I got my kaiser today, I'll start to work on a CID unlocker soon

thanks for the insight pof, i couldnt tell for sure since i dont actually this device yet.. hopefully i can get my hands on one soon..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread