Thread Deleted

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (mesmerizemtd/showcasemtd) - [07/21/11]

27th June 2011, 03:37 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

173 posts
All right, what about the other stuff? Can I flash this in CWM 2.5 and it will just install CWM 3.0 for me along with the ROM? Do I need to touch my kernel, or at the very least disable the lagfix before flashing? Does this rom overwrite any previous kernel you have?
27th June 2011, 04:45 AM   |  #12  
Flag maine
Thanks Meter: 126

119 posts
More
Always disable lag fix,unless you want fc hell. .im not certain about this bit of software. But yeah most Roms come with the kernel best suited..at least from the devs standards. Rule of thumb if a program is active then it eats battery. Back up yo stuff cuz its gonna wipe you data

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
Last edited by puk3n; 27th June 2011 at 04:50 AM.
27th June 2011, 04:53 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 24

313 posts
More
jt just wanted to say thx for getting gingerbread on the mesmerize/fascinate/showcase.. without all of ur hard work we prolly wouldnt see it for a while.... gratz on victory
27th June 2011, 05:00 AM   |  #14  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,803

2,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puk3n

Always disable lag fix,unless you want fc hell. .im not certain about this bit of software. But yeah most Roms come with the kernel best suited..at least from the devs standards. Rule of thumb if a program is active then it eats battery. Back up yo stuff cuz its gonna wipe you data

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Kernel is included. Lagfix does not matter - the rom flash will override everything anyway. Do not try to enable lagfix in anyway on cm7. Not needed and won't work.
27th June 2011, 05:05 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 12

173 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar

Kernel is included. Lagfix does not matter - the rom flash will override everything anyway. Do not try to enable lagfix in anyway on cm7. Not needed and won't work.

Ok but I thought I read somewhere that when you have CWM 3.0 that it has a bug that automatically enables the lagfix. Is that true? How would you prevent this?
27th June 2011, 05:29 AM   |  #16  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,803

2,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by userno69

Ok but I thought I read somewhere that when you have CWM 3.0 that it has a bug that automatically enables the lagfix. Is that true? How would you prevent this?

The rom isn't flashed in cwm3 - it will flash cwm4 first and the flash the rom.
27th June 2011, 07:06 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 26

356 posts
curious, what kind of quadrant / linpack scores are you guys getting? I'm tempted to flash but i'd really like the deep sleep / mms to get fixed before I jump on.
27th June 2011, 08:03 AM   |  #18  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
More
Ok I am getting install errors in clockwork. Everytime I try to install, it says error installation aborted, something about "status 7." I have never had this problem before. I saw were you need to delete the 4 lines in the update script, but what exactly do I need to delete? Or what do I need to do to be able to install?

I am currently running jt's 5/18 build port if that helps.

Thanks.
27th June 2011, 08:22 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 15

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by userno69

on your sdcard there is a voodoo folder..inside that you need to place a file called disable_lagfix kiev and that will prevent spontaneous conversions..if I got the file name wrong someone e please correct me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
27th June 2011, 09:27 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
More
When I attempt to install this from cwm 3.2 I get the following error:

Code:
assert failed getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "aries" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "aries" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "mesmerize" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mesmerize" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "mesmerize" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "mesmerizemtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mesmerizemtd" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "mesmerizemtd" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I500" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I500" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "SCH-I500"
Upon the recommendation of lmartin92 I removed this text from the updater-script file, which results in me getting a (Status 4) failure instead.

EDIT: I forgot to say it before, thanks so much for the work you've put in jt. I really appreciate it, and I can't wait for it to be fully ready
Last edited by vluhd; 27th June 2011 at 09:35 AM.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread