Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vertical lines in widgets, sound issues

Tip us?

vikashagrawal1990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Vertical lines in widgets, sound issues

Hello Everyone,
[ My phone is 3 days old not rooted at all ]
I am facing two major issues,
  • I am getting multicolored lines in my widgets whenever I switch my workspaces
  • For some videos, the voice keeps going away after a while, say after 1min the video remains playing but the audio is gone
  • My phone gets over heated during the usage and battery charging
Please have a look at the attachment Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00386.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	639409
Please help
Regards
Vikash Agrawal

ZeeGerman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
yea I had the same problem, with the static lines showing on widgets, a reboot or deleting the widget and replacing it on your homescreen worked idk why i havent gotten them again. i think i read somewhere it has to do with the fact that the htc screen is too hi-quality and the lines come from the widgets trying to adjust to the new resolution or something. idk about the audio problems you have though.

Strykes_Daniel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Support response

Hey, i have the same Problem now and then (with the widgets).
Thats what i got recently:

Quote:
Richard: Hi Daniel, thank you for contacting HTC Support. How may I help you today?

Daniel: Ok first a specific question: Do u know of problems concerning widgets on the homescreen having horizontal lines in them, kind of graphical errors

Daniel: I heard of different problems concerning that, so maybe u can tell me if it is a sofware or a hardware issue (So exchange phone or wait for hotfix)

Daniel: Oh and its the Sensation

Richard: I have not heard of this issue before. It sounds like a graphics driver problem. I would advise you to factory reset the phone. If the problem is still there then it will be a hardware fault.
I will test that somewhen, at the moment I am too lazy to backup all of my data...
Tags
android 2.3, htc sensation