XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

mango back to nodo?

Tip us?

Dante187
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default mango back to nodo?

hello together. just wanted to ask how one can update from mango back to nodo. thanks for reply

dante

abhilaksh
Old
(Last edited by abhilaksh; 3rd July 2011 at 10:24 AM.) Reason: sp/syntax errors
Thanks Meter 12
Hi,

you need to go to settings in Zune 4.8, then under phone settings, click on update. let it search. after it loads, the lower half of the page is the restore section which will tell you the restore date. you need to click on restore.

This is assuming that you went the official way in order to update to mango.

If you used the tools from windowsphonehacker.com (the unofficial way), then your backup will be in C:\premangostate\ which you need to copy to the Zune backup location (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\ ) and then run the restore from Zune settings.

If you don't have a backup at all, you will need to flash a ROM image to an older version . There are many tutorials for this around xda. I recommend any of ansar's ROMs. You can't use a backup file from another device as backups are phone-specific. Phone A's backup won't work with Phone B.

Or you could just enjoy using preMango and build a few apps which all of us would enjoy using!

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to abhilaksh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Schewadnaze
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante187 View Post
hello together. just wanted to ask how one can update from mango back to nodo. thanks for reply

dante
If you not backupped your Device you are not able anymore to go back to NODO and even to update your device with future updates.

dkp1977
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schewadnaze View Post
If you not backupped your Device you are not able anymore to go back to NODO and even to update your device with future updates.
That's not completely true. He can always simply flash a NoDo or any previous ROM which is appropriate for his device. He will then just have set up his device completely back from scratch but of course will be able to recieve all future updates.
Join the WinPhan! movement

Device: Nokia Lumia 920

Foursquare: Mark Tepper
Windows Live: m.tepper@live.de
Facebook: Mark Tepper
Twitter: BinaerForceOne
XBox Live: dKp1977

Dante187
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
abhilaksh ,thank went great.

greatings dante

briankeith513
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the Verizon HTC Trophy with mango beta 2, and I'm trying to go back to NoDo. When I click on my backup file, I get the error, "Error: The installed version of the tool (4.7.1404) needs to be updated to match the Zune version (4.8.2098). Please install the tool version 4.8.2098." When I go to the Zune settings, phone update, there is no restore option.
I am not Neo, but I am still the One.