Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

mango back to nodo?

OP Dante187

3rd July 2011, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
hello together. just wanted to ask how one can update from mango back to nodo. thanks for reply

dante
3rd July 2011, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
London
Thanks Meter: 12

66 posts
More
Wink
Hi,

you need to go to settings in Zune 4.8, then under phone settings, click on update. let it search. after it loads, the lower half of the page is the restore section which will tell you the restore date. you need to click on restore.

This is assuming that you went the official way in order to update to mango.

If you used the tools from windowsphonehacker.com (the unofficial way), then your backup will be in C:\premangostate\ which you need to copy to the Zune backup location (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\ ) and then run the restore from Zune settings.

If you don't have a backup at all, you will need to flash a ROM image to an older version . There are many tutorials for this around xda. I recommend any of ansar's ROMs. You can't use a backup file from another device as backups are phone-specific. Phone A's backup won't work with Phone B.

Or you could just enjoy using preMango and build a few apps which all of us would enjoy using!

Cheers!
Last edited by abhilaksh; 3rd July 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: sp/syntax errors
The Following User Says Thank You to abhilaksh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2011, 11:34 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante187

hello together. just wanted to ask how one can update from mango back to nodo. thanks for reply

dante

If you not backupped your Device you are not able anymore to go back to NODO and even to update your device with future updates.
3rd July 2011, 12:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Stolberg
Thanks Meter: 107

1,206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schewadnaze

If you not backupped your Device you are not able anymore to go back to NODO and even to update your device with future updates.

That's not completely true. He can always simply flash a NoDo or any previous ROM which is appropriate for his device. He will then just have set up his device completely back from scratch but of course will be able to recieve all future updates.
3rd July 2011, 01:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
abhilaksh ,thank went great.

greatings dante
11th August 2011, 08:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
I have the Verizon HTC Trophy with mango beta 2, and I'm trying to go back to NoDo. When I click on my backup file, I get the error, "Error: The installed version of the tool (4.7.1404) needs to be updated to match the Zune version (4.8.2098). Please install the tool version 4.8.2098." When I go to the Zune settings, phone update, there is no restore option.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread