Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] List of compatible apps/games/etc

Tip us?

stuntdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
I started this list from scratch, not copied from anywhere, and used the rough categories from the google market so yes we have similar headings, etc. Having a quick look at that thread a few of those apps on their list aren't actually optimised for honeycomb, but I didn't study the whole list. I'm sure the majority are. My list here is obviously different, given the fact that I've obviously not bought all the apps on the list to test them, and that I've relied on others to state the info when they can. Plus the fact that obviously not all the apps are optimised for HC, just that the others not marked by the "*" hopefully work well with it. There may be errors occasionally, which people usually point out pretty fast.

Anyways if there are apps on that other list that aren't on mine that work well with the TF let me know and I'll add them to my list. I don't have time to check atm.

Phone:
Motorola Moto G + Samsung Galaxy W ... Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (16gb)
Retired Devices: |HTC HD2| Asus Eee Pad Transformer |HTC Touch HD |O2 Stellar |HTC Hero |XDA Atom Life | XDA 2i

**(TF101 Firmware Changelog)_(Ultimate Transformer Thread)_(Boot Animations Guide)**

tcjaym
Old
Thanks Meter 7
quite a few on that other list are not transformer compatible

rsmccleary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Finally.
Words With Friends finally works on TF. And it works well. I wish it tethered my facebook like the game does with apple.

mrHD2
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzvl View Post
They have similar categories
Yes very similiar, (sorry similar) they even contain the same category titles!
But really it's just another list containing more apps for users.

mocelet2000
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Four in a Row HD

Hi there,

I'm suggesting my own implementation of the Four in a Row game for the list, it's been featured in XDA Portal few days ago and it's probably the most complete implementation of this known board game for Android. 4.4 out of 5 starts with 100+ ratings

It works fine in phones but the experience is better in tablets since graphics are generated at native resolution (and a Transformer is part of my test devices...). From the game point of view, it features local 1 & 2 players, online multiplayer, custom board size (6x7 to 7x9) and skin (metal, wood, ice...), and more than 200 play solo riddles and game variations.

Please check the Four in a Row HD thread at XDA or directly in the Market.

Thanks, enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to mocelet2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrainB0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Another file manager that works great on the Transformer: Files by Zenfield

hxxps://market.android.com/details?id=com.zenfield.files

PS: Sorry I can't post links to external websites yet

optic76
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Hey guys.

My latest version of Tablet CPU Usage Monitor is compatible with the transformer. I was hoping it could be added to the list. Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions.

Tablet CPU Usage Monitor
https://market.android.com/details?i...uusagesmonitor
The Following User Says Thank You to optic76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rik064
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I managed to launch Order and CHaos from gameloft on our tablet and it works perfectly! Here is my guide how to do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1159975

kasperoo
Old
(Last edited by kasperoo; 9th July 2011 at 09:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Inotia3: Children of Carnia

Couldn't post url, new member, sorry

Works great on Transformer, fullscreen. You could argue that it`s HC optimized, since it`s that type of games that looks great like old school rpg.

~David
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I think some clarification needs to be made in this list. Just because an app scales well on larger resolution tablets doesn't necessarily mean it's "Honeycomb Optimized".

For example, the Four in a Row HD game looks good at high resolution, but it still doesn't make use of the new Honeycomb menu system or anything of the sort (ie. a menu button appears in the bottom nav bar). It's still just a smartphone app that's been "blown up".

Same with IMDB and many others in the list. They scale well, but they don't make use of any new features in Honeycomb.

There should be two categories in the list. Perhaps a blue asterisk * for true Honeycomb optimized apps, and keep the green asterisk * for apps that scale well for large resolutions.
HTC One [UL / Stock JB 4.1.2]
HTC One X [LTE X325a / Retired]
Asus Transformer [TF101-B1-B60 / Retired]
HTC Desire [GSM A8182 / Retired]
HTC Hero [GSM Black / Retired]

Tags
apps, compatible, games, honeycomb, transformer